Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Life. Rebooted.
Chingas 07:06 PM 08-31-2010
Best of luck to you Brother. I wasn't around for the original post but I'm here now and am hoping the best for you and your family.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 07:36 PM 08-31-2010
I hate this for you. Finding it hard to convey how I feel. I want to say "hang in there", but we all know that **** is for the birds. Hanging in there doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to saying goodbye to your kids...just reading and thinking about this brings a tear. I've got two little girls, my youngest had her birthday today...I asked her to pray for you and your kids, she prayed " And God, please help my daddies friend find a happy place that is his, and his kids, and I hope he has candy, candy is good for sad people", she brought me to tears thinking about this. My oldest bowed her head over her and said "amen, may God Bless"
God speed in this recovery, I really, really hope this reboot is all it takes. We are with you.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:42 PM 08-31-2010
Im confidant you're about to turn the corner Sean. You know we're pulling for you.
[Reply]
DPD6030 08:02 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Thanks again for all the positive thoughts.

Have officially made the move and have started the ball rolling to enroll at either our local community college or at Indiana University-Kokomo. Missed the fall deadline, so I looking at January.

Job search still discouraging even for just the simplest of jobs. But we press on.
Keep pressing on and keep your head above water. You know I'm here for you if you need anything Sean. Prayers, karma and positive vibes sent.
[Reply]
Whee 08:08 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Keep pressing on and keep your head above water. You know I'm here for you if you need anything Sean. Prayers, karma and positive vibes sent.
I do need to visit Grandma soon.:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:41 AM 09-01-2010
Sean, You are in my prayers for open doors.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
treatneggy 10:17 AM 09-01-2010
Prayers sent....
[Reply]
Whee 09:43 AM 05-03-2015
I thought I should update this post FROM FIVE YEARS AGO.:-)

I will graduate next Saturday with my Associates Degree in Accounting, with honors. I was named to the Indiana Community College All Academic Team and nominated (but sadly did not win) two national academic awards.

Mom's physical health is fine, but mentally the fog doesn't always clear on some days and those are challenging days for me.

Keeping busy by doing a lot of Masonic work and even started a part time job working for a "freaky fast" restaurant for a friend, so I now have cigar money again!:-)

And to balance all of that good, ex-wife #2 is moving back to town this summer.:-)

So all in all, what a long strange trip its been. :-)
[Reply]
dijit 10:48 AM 05-03-2015
Well it sounds like most of the ducks are in order. Next time we have a cigar and scotch event for the Murat I will have to make sure to invite my nearby Masonic brother.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:11 AM 05-03-2015
Glad you are out of the basement, on the way back up!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:27 PM 05-03-2015
Congrats on the degree, Mom being well, and the new gig.

Sorry about the ex-wife. Thankfully mine moved out of town after 10 years of staying too close for comfort, so I don't feel your pain on that one. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:53 PM 05-03-2015
Great news, Sean. Well, except for the ex-wife
[Reply]
Dave128 06:12 PM 05-03-2015
Awesome news, Sean!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:23 PM 05-03-2015
Originally Posted by Whee:
I thought I should update this post FROM FIVE YEARS AGO.:-)

I will graduate next Saturday with my Associates Degree in Accounting, with honors. I was named to the Indiana Community College All Academic Team and nominated (but sadly did not win) two national academic awards.

Mom's physical health is fine, but mentally the fog doesn't always clear on some days and those are challenging days for me.

Keeping busy by doing a lot of Masonic work and even started a part time job working for a "freaky fast" restaurant for a friend, so I now have cigar money again!:-)So all in all, what a long strange trip its been. :-)
Congratulations on the positive 5 year "re-boot" Sean. Great news for all at CA to hear!

What Masonic degree are you currently at Sean?

A couple of scriptures I like to turn to, to keep things going in a positive direction are:

Philippians 4 13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," and the one on my sig line.

I thank God every morning for a great day, and for providing my family with health, safety, and our financial security. We've developed a "darn good relationship."

Keep it going forwards Sean:-)
[Reply]
blugill 07:49 PM 05-03-2015
That sounds like your reboot is blazing that new path!
Good job brother!
[Reply]
Whee 12:46 PM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Congratulations on the positive 5 year "re-boot" Sean. Great news for all at CA to hear!

What Masonic degree are you currently at Sean?

A couple of scriptures I like to turn to, to keep things going in a positive direction are:

Philippians 4 13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," and the one on my sig line.

I thank God every morning for a great day, and for providing my family with health, safety, and our financial security. We've developed a "darn good relationship."

Keep it going forwards Sean:-)
I am a full blooded Master Mason in Blue Lodge. Senior Warden currently. Joined Scottish Rite last year and have passed to the 32* there. Also Demolay and Eastern Star. Yorkrite later this fall. That helps keep me busy.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 12:47 PM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats on the degree, Mom being well, and the new gig.

Sorry about the ex-wife. Thankfully mine moved out of town after 10 years of staying too close for comfort, so I don't feel your pain on that one. :-)
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Great news, Sean. Well, except for the ex-wife
It's been a good 5 year peaceful run. Guess it had to end sooner or later.:-)

At least I get to see my youngest all the time.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:03 PM 05-05-2015
Glad everything seemed to work out for you. Hoping the next 5 years is better.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:12 PM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by Whee:
I am a full blooded Master Mason in Blue Lodge. Senior Warden currently. Joined Scottish Rite last year and have passed to the 32* there. Also Demolay and Eastern Star. Yorkrite later this fall. That helps keep me busy.:-)
Excellent!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up