Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Help with torrent downloads!
BeerAdvocate 09:11 AM 06-12-2010
I am using a popular torrent website to download movies, but for some reason I only get audio and no picture. Can someone help?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:16 AM 06-12-2010
You probably need some codecs. Google "k-lite codec" and download that. Should cover all your codec needs.

Also, I would avoid downloading movies for awhile. It was recently ruled in court that the company who produced The Hurt Locker is going to be able to sue individuals ONLY by the IP information collected from ISP's. Before, they could collect those IP's and send threatening letters, but had no legal recourse. This lawsuit is a precident for future lawsuits and I would avoid movies for the time being until we see what the outcome of this is. I'll try to find the article about it and link it here later.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:32 AM 06-12-2010
Thats what I needed. Thank you!
[Reply]
T.G 09:38 AM 06-12-2010
try videolan.org for a player that has the codecs built in.
[Reply]
floydpink 03:19 PM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
You probably need some codecs. Google "k-lite codec" and download that. Should cover all your codec needs.

Also, I would avoid downloading movies for awhile. It was recently ruled in court that the company who produced The Hurt Locker is going to be able to sue individuals ONLY by the IP information collected from ISP's. Before, they could collect those IP's and send threatening letters, but had no legal recourse. This lawsuit is a precident for future lawsuits and I would avoid movies for the time being until we see what the outcome of this is. I'll try to find the article about it and link it here later.
Uggh, I downloaded Hurt Locker.
[Reply]
Up