Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Anyone play Fable 2 on xbox360?
Wolfgang 03:04 PM 06-08-2010
ive been playing far too much these days. Just wondering if anyone else out there plays online?
[Reply]
JE3146 03:47 PM 06-08-2010
Beat it in SP and never played much more.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:36 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Beat it in SP and never played much more.
Same. I sold it after I beat it to the ground.
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 06:44 PM 06-08-2010
I ditched my internet and cable TV a few months ago, and to curb my CoD addiction I played a ton of games on single player.

Fable 2 is the latest, I've held on to it for when I get cable back on the 14th (excited) because it seemed it could be good online. I hope I'm not disappointed.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:03 PM 06-08-2010
I wish.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:40 PM 06-08-2010

Grrr. Online is ok but not too great. If you play co op who ever is joining your game has to choose a "henchman" instead of using their own character.
Its pretty fun after you do the infinite experience glitch but money is still hard to accumulate.
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 06:03 AM 06-09-2010
EmJaysmash, are you missng the game or the Xbox?

There is a pretty easy gold glitch, but for it to be real effective you become corrupt.
Increase the rent on all your property to 100%, save and quit. Go to your dashboard and change the date to Dec. 31, 2025. Sign back into Fable 2 and you will receive all that money as if you had sat dormant.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:56 AM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by E-Tx Surveyor:
EmJaysmash, are you missng the game or the Xbox?

There is a pretty easy gold glitch, but for it to be real effective you become corrupt.
Increase the rent on all your property to 100%, save and quit. Go to your dashboard and change the date to Dec. 31, 2025. Sign back into Fable 2 and you will receive all that money as if you had sat dormant.
Heh, Both! Lol. I had the original Fable for the original Xbox, and I seem to have sold it at sometime or another. Not that I use my Xbox anymore as its a POS.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:15 AM 06-09-2010
yeah Ive done that glitch a few times. You can raise you morality by giving gold to the beggars and lowering all the rents in the gypsy camp to -100% Im still getting 14,000 every day but on a different character Im having trouble starting up my empite of houses.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:48 AM 06-09-2010
I just couldn't get into Fable2 like I did Fable1. Don't know why, though.

I had just borrowed it from a buddy, luckily. So no harm no foul.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:44 AM 06-09-2010
The "battles" have no challenge. In Fable 1 you ahd to kill Jack of Blades twice and it was semi difficult. Fable two you just beat the game by pressing "A". Kinda lame. The hookers in Fable 2 were funny though.
[Reply]
JE3146 03:05 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
The "battles" have no challenge. In Fable 1 you ahd to kill Jack of Blades twice and it was semi difficult. Fable two you just beat the game by pressing "A". Kinda lame. The hookers in Fable 2 were funny though.
That and I don't know about anyone else, but STD's were a fun goal to attain :-)

Overall, I was pretty disappointed with Fable 2. Straight out of the gate with the "and now we begin your quest" like they couldn't of thought up any better transitionary words to lead you into the mission at hand?

Plot was kinda thin, gameplay was very repetitive and it just lacked completion in some areas. With a game that dealt entirely on consequences of actions, you could do quite a bit of nasty stuff with no consequences :-)

I still enjoyed it though overall... but only because I'm a Fable fan :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 03:33 PM 06-09-2010
WEll there is good news. Fable 3 should be coming out late this summer. Hopefully they go back to a fable one type battle system and make Multiplayer better, more like Diablo 2 for PC would be cool.

3D RPG with item drops and duels like the dibalo series would be awesome.
[Reply]
JE3146 04:08 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
WEll there is good news. Fable 3 should be coming out late this summer. Hopefully they go back to a fable one type battle system and make Multiplayer better, more like Diablo 2 for PC would be cool.

3D RPG with item drops and duels like the dibalo series would be awesome.
Odds are Fable 3 will play more like an expansion of Fable 2.

Reinventing the wheel isn't what these companies are about. Generating returns on code that's already written... is :-)
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 04:21 PM 06-09-2010
Combat was rather repetitive and seemed lacking in certain areas.
Ill pick up Fable 3 a while after it comes out, only because I get free games though.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:27 AM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Odds are Fable 3 will play more like an expansion of Fable 2.

Reinventing the wheel isn't what these companies are about. Generating returns on code that's already written... is :-)
So many people complained about Fable 2 that Microsoft and Lionhead Studios had to tear it down and start a whole new chapter. Im expecting big things.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:35 AM 06-10-2010
I've been playing Fable 2 lately as well. It was sitting around for a while and figured I would finally fire it up. :-)

Originally Posted by E-Tx Surveyor:
Combat was rather repetitive and seemed lacking in certain areas.
Ill pick up Fable 3 a while after it comes out, only because I get free games though.
I've noticed that it's very repetitive and I haven't found a reason to use many different spells. I kind of take the bull rush approach and bust in guns blazing.

I'm sure I'll get Fable 3, but I'll be waiting as well because it seems the price drops pretty quick with these types of games.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:42 AM 06-10-2010
indeed. Im all about summon dead lvl 4, then lvl 5 time slow then warp into the middle of them lvl3 time slow and then shootem in the nads and chop their heads off.

Kinda a lot of thinks to do but i made it through the game with only one death lol.
[Reply]
Up