Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Census Bureau...Say What???
MajorCaptSilly 02:20 PM 06-02-2010
Had kind of a weird thing happen last night that was all about the Census. I actually filled out my Census form and sent it back within a week of receiving. I then had a message on voicemail last night from the Census Bureau where a very firm-voiced woman said I was required to call an 866 number to verify my Census answers. I was also given a case number. I called the 866 number and was immediately connected to a gentleman who had a distinctly non-North American accent. He first asked me to verify my address. Now I was a little skeptical at this point so I asked him to verify that he was indeed working for the Census Bureau. He read off the Ammendment and gave me his id number, etc. I said that was great but that he should know who he is talking to based on the case number and that I would like for him to verify my address vs the other way around. He did so and I verified my name and that I was the person who filled out the Census form. He then proceeded to ask me every question I already answered. It took a little more than 10 minutes and was no big deal but very interesting. I then sat down and had a good cry as it was 8:30 PM and "cry time", taught my cats some Latin, and counted the amount of spaghetti noodle in a box.

MCS
[Reply]
MiamiE 02:27 PM 06-02-2010
Just fill out the paper!
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 02:29 PM 06-02-2010
That's great, I really enjoy the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Census time down here turns into a circus - its great fun to see them filling out the forms on their own.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:47 PM 06-02-2010
My cats instinctively know Latin and Sanskrit.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up