Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Maria Mancini Corona Classico
Gooner 07:47 AM 05-22-2010
Ok, be gentle, this is my first review on this site.

I used to be a big fan of Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro (MMMMM). I still have 3 left from 2007. I decided to try a smaller size and in EMS. I prefer the Corona size.

The cigar:

Maria Mancini Corona Classico

Size: 5.50 X 44
Wrapper: H2000
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua
Shape: Parejo Box Pressed.

Pre-Light:
This a firm box pressed cigar. Slight vein on the wrapper but nothing out the ordinary. A little peppery with a slight-tight draw.

1st Third: This cigar has been in my humidor for almost 2 weeks so it is quite young and I noticed this right away. It starts with a earthy flavor and it is long on the palate.
The burn is a little jagged (due to the H2000 wrapper?). As I continue to smoke, the flavors turn to leather.

2nd Third: Getting a cocoa flavor now. Burn is still uneven but not affected the smoke. Speaking of smoke, this cigar produces a good amount of smoke but not "chewy smoke". I'm digging the cocoa flavor.

Last Third: This is where I'm hoping the ageing process wins on this cigar. The last third started getting a little acidic/harsh. Loosing the cocoa flavor and turning more leather like the 1st third.

Cheap smoke, well made and not too bad. I've had better and worse at this price range. I'm hoping these little babies will be good to go next year.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:48 AM 05-22-2010
Nice review!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:51 PM 05-22-2010
Nice review and great pics. :-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:14 AM 05-24-2010
nice review! between you and ferdie, i can get all the reviews i need from the low countries. :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 08:43 AM 05-24-2010
Well done!
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:12 AM 05-24-2010
Nice review, I've been wondering about these. :-)
[Reply]
Up