Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya de Nicaragua Clasico
Tuxguy 09:04 PM 05-21-2010
Tonight's review will be of the Joya de Nicaragua Clasico. This cigar was sent to me by Mario. I know a few of you guys also received some by him as well.
CI has them currently on sale for $39.99 a box!!!

A couple of prominent veins in the wrapper but consistent color, dark, & oily.

At first I picked up on some spiciness along with a woodsy flavor. Draw and burn were good. Ash was gray and brown. Some decent amount of smoke fallowed.

The second third of this cigar was the same as the first with not as much spice. Draw and burn were still good. The ash was still hanging on there well.
It was putting off a lot of smoke once it really got going.

The last third of the stick was the same as first and second. Honestly, I had enough and gave up on it near the end. Draw was still good and as it was entering the third part I had to touch it up a couple times. Ash was still hanging on there until I had to de-band the cigar.

In conclusion I would not smoke this one again only because of it being so one dimensional. The burn and draw were great though. I guess at $40.00 a box it would not be a bad "yard-gar" to have on hand. IMO it was nothing like the Antano's. One other thing, it made me super thirsty!
Thanks again Mario for the opportunity to try this one out.
[Reply]
Dark Jester 09:17 PM 05-21-2010
How would you classify the strength? Medium? I've been searching for something medium to full that I can adopt as an 'everyday' candidate. At only $40 a box, this would certianly fall into that category. I don't mind one dimensional so much, as long as it tastes good. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:17 PM 05-21-2010
NIce review...thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Tuxguy 09:51 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Dark Jester:
How would you classify the strength? Medium? I've been searching for something medium to full that I can adopt as an 'everyday' candidate. At only $40 a box, this would certianly fall into that category. I don't mind one dimensional so much, as long as it tastes good. :-)
Yes medium, not strong, just some spice
[Reply]
Dark Jester 10:01 PM 05-21-2010
Cool. Thanks for the review and tip. :-) I'll go check them out.
[Reply]
Up