Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Cycling fans
imthegoal 03:51 PM 05-17-2010
Aynone else following either of the two races going on the next couple weeks?
[Reply]
The Poet 04:42 PM 05-17-2010
I've watched a few stages of the Giro d'Italia, or whatever the fark it's called, but mainly because it's either that or Wendy Williams at 10 in the morning. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:57 AM 05-18-2010
Vino is the man. I hope he can win it. Been following cycling for over 20 years.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:25 AM 05-18-2010
Not into the Giro that much, I love the spring classics like Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris Roubaix, Amstel Gold race and I try to watch as much of the Tour de France as possible.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:54 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Not into the Giro that much, I love the spring classics like Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris Roubaix, Amstel Gold race and I try to watch as much of the Tour de France as possible.
Did you get to see the Amstel Gold race in person this year? I love the Classics too and to be a true great, you must win Classics. That is why I would Boonen as my favorite all around rider
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:38 AM 05-18-2010
not in person, too far away from where I live. The Giro started close to my home this year, but I was herfing with friends so I missed out on the prologue.
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:08 AM 05-18-2010
I love riding and have been watching the Giro D'Italia.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:09 AM 05-18-2010
I have seen the Tour of Canada and National Cyclocross Championships a couple of times, along with regional domestic pro races around New England.

Cycling is a good spectator event. It's free (cheap family event) and it's hard to get closer to athletes while they performing in any other professional sport.
[Reply]
safariguy 08:34 AM 05-18-2010
I DVR and watch every race that they put on TV. I then ususally get a lot of hours recorded then watch them all in one day. Today is probably going to be a day like that. It started for me when they started airing the Tour de France on TV on VS around 2003 or 2004. I would love to go see it in person someday. I wish they would show more races like they show The Tour with complete coverage, instead of editing and chopping up the race so a weeks worth of racing is covered in one hour.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:59 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by safariguy:
I DVR and watch every race that they put on TV. I then ususally get a lot of hours recorded then watch them all in one day. Today is probably going to be a day like that. It started for me when they started airing the Tour de France on TV on VS around 2003 or 2004. I would love to go see it in person someday. I wish they would show more races like they show The Tour with complete coverage, instead of editing and chopping up the race so a weeks worth of racing is covered in one hour.

OLN / Versus use to do live daily coverage of Giro, but stopped several years ago. Too bad. It was great seeing Pantani ride live though! :-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 09:05 AM 05-18-2010
I am catching parts of the Tour of California.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:51 PM 06-14-2010
Don't know how I missed this..... Watched most of the ToC....

Now catching a little of the Tour de Suisse, though don't have time to watch it all....so just TiVo through and stop at what catches my eye....

VERY MUCH looking forward to July 3rd.....
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 09:42 PM 06-14-2010
looking forward to Versus Fantasy Tour de France... a coworker and I have per-stage bets with our fantasy teams... tons of fun!
[Reply]
safariguy 08:57 AM 06-16-2010
Watching the Tour de Suisse every day. Nice of Versus to decide to broadcast a daily coverage show. Even if it is only an hour long it is better than nothing. Nasty crash yesterday, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNAYR3KPIg
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:00 AM 06-16-2010
What a crash, but Cav is a wild animal in the sprint and it serves him right to get a penalty. Boonen was luck to avoid it being so close and a bittersweet victory for the Pettachi.
[Reply]
Up