Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CI Legend purple by Graycliff
Don Fernando 06:18 AM 05-13-2010
The CI Legends series is a series of cigars, all toro's in a 5.7 x 54 size except for the Perdomo blend which is a torpedo, made by several well known cigar makers especially for the online retailer cigarsinternational. By the color of the band you can see who the maker is, too bad they don't mention it on the band, you need to check the website before you know who made the specific blend. So far I smoked the CI Legend yellow by Don Pepin, the CI Legend red by Perdomo, the CI Legend black by La Aurora and here's my review of the CI Legend purple by Graycliff.

The oily wrapper looks nice with a few long thin veins but when I took a closer look it looked like the wrapper had a case of severe chicken skin. The cigar smells like a horse stable and has a good construction. The predraw is a bit on the loose side and leaves a mix of wood and raisin flavors in my mouth.

I taste a spicy peppery coffee flavor. The pepper tastes like green pepper and I also taste a hint of chocolate, but that flavor is very mild and far on the background. The pepper fades away a bit, the coffee becomes the main flavor and the chocolate is completely gone.

Halfway I can taste dry wood with some earth flavors on the background. At ⅔ the earth becomes a bit stronger but the dry wood stays dominant.

This cigar lasted me about 90 minutes and during that time I got plenty of reasonable thick smoke that has a brownish glow to it. The draw and burn are good, even though the wrapper cracks open while I am smoking, but that didn't cause any burn or draw issues. The light colored ash is quite frayed. This cigar is both medium in flavor and in body.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, didn't care much for this cigar

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:41 AM 05-13-2010
Nice review Ferdie. This is one of the Legends that I have yet to try. Yellows and Reds are my favorites.
[Reply]
Coz77 06:55 AM 05-13-2010
Nice review Ferdie. Can you list the Legends you had so far in favorite order?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:56 AM 05-13-2010
CI Legend Yellow is my favorite by far, didn't care much for the others.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:09 AM 05-13-2010
Nice review Ferdie... and I concur. Don't care much for this one and the yellow rocks!
[Reply]
Goldie 11:02 PM 05-19-2010
Nice review Ferdie. I hate to say, but I have never had a Graycliff I have enjoyed.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:06 PM 05-19-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:41 AM 05-20-2010
Another nice review Ferdie, thanks.
[Reply]
Up