Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Ticketmaster is a bunch of scam artists
PeteSB75 08:11 AM 05-10-2010
How is it that tickets are gone with 10 seconds after the on-sale time, but plentiful on stubhub for 2-3 times the listed retail price? Trying to get some for Roger Waters at MSG in October, and they went on sale at 10 this morning and were gone by the time I finished selecting how many I wanted and typing in the code.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:12 AM 05-10-2010
Ticketmaster blows. Live Nation, for the win.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:13 AM 05-10-2010
Yea it seems the scalpers/resellers lock up the system for themselves to get as many tickets as they can. Sucks :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:15 AM 05-10-2010
Yeah, tried them, they send me to ticketmaster to buy them...

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Yea it seems the scalpers/resellers lock up the system for themselves to get as many tickets as they can. Sucks :-)
Used to be that way. These days ticketmaster doesn't even let the scalpers get anything, they sell the tickets themselves on stubhub. The venue gets the retail price and the artist gets screwed.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:30 AM 05-10-2010
I agree...their system sucks!
[Reply]
Darrell 08:33 AM 05-10-2010
I think they let places like Stub Hub and other big ticket companies buy them ahead of time or rather reserve them and then the company probably has some program that sends a hundred computers to the site when the tickets go on sale to buy the rest.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:59 AM 05-10-2010
Well, I did wind up being able to buy tickets, but at a different venue. Still a pain in the arse.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 10:15 AM 05-10-2010
A lot of times, there are pre-sale opportunities for tickets before the public sale even goes live. AMEX cardholders, fan clubs, insiders, etc.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:49 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Yup...when tickets for 8 Blackhawk playoff games went on sale last week, they were gone in a couple of minutes...and ticket brokers from all over the U.S., not just the Chicago area, were offering them for sale at 10 to 100 times face value later in the day. The system truly sucks.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:17 AM 05-13-2010
Yeah man, in this case I really miss the old days when if you were willing to get there early in the morning, and even camp out if necessary, to get a spot in the front of the line, you were getting a ticket. And in most cases a good seat, too.

Ticketmaster's online ticketing process has totally ruined going to shows for me. I hope they die a slow, painful death. :-)
[Reply]
captain53 09:31 AM 05-13-2010
Amen!!! If it requires purchasing tickets thru those skumbags I just don't go and have been that way for years. Started with me when the Astros sold their soul to them - never been to a game since.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:04 PM 05-13-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Yeah man, in this case I really miss the old days when if you were willing to get there early in the morning, and even camp out if necessary, to get a spot in the front of the line, you were getting a ticket. And in most cases a good seat, too.

Ticketmaster's online ticketing process has totally ruined going to shows for me. I hope they die a slow, painful death. :-)
They are dying a long, painless death as multi-zillionaires. :-)
[Reply]
Up