Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Golf Guys.....
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:08 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Heh, Scottys are like Mac/PC. Some of his accessories are ridiculous, like the $40 ball marker.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. I had one on demo, good, but not great.

I love my 2ball White Hot. Really soft touch, but heavy. Just how I like my putters.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:13 PM 04-13-2010
Before I got my XG #7, I was looking at Odyssey's Black series, Sabertooth, and a few boutique putter companies over there. I know a lot of guys call the White Hot inserts mushy, but my old long putter had a really "clicky" insert, and I like the softer feel, seems to make for smoother putting.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Eleven 09:35 PM 04-13-2010
Speaking of golf, and hopefully not too far off tangent, anyone have luck with free gps rangefinders for the blackberry?

The 2 I have found so far, Freecaddie and Swing by Swing both have issues. Freecaddie just can't access the gps on my Storm, and Swing by Swing requires manual input of each hole of the course.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 10:30 PM 04-13-2010
I've used 3 balls and had good experiences. It's run by a couple of guys not too far from me. They have a brick and mortar store in Easton, MA.
It's Joe and Lee's golf shop at Pine Oaks golf course. My wife bought my sticks there. Great prices.
[Reply]
nayslayer 04:58 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Speaking of golf, and hopefully not too far off tangent, anyone have luck with free gps rangefinders for the blackberry?

The 2 I have found so far, Freecaddie and Swing by Swing both have issues. Freecaddie just can't access the gps on my Storm, and Swing by Swing requires manual input of each hole of the course.
I got one for the droid, and far exceeds my expectations. I think its from oobgolf
[Reply]
galaga 10:02 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I wanna get another SC putter but have no clue what's a good price there...

3 Balls does have a lot of rep over at golfwrx.
This ain't a bad deal on a putter for you. Better hurry though, only three days left at that price....
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:12 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by galaga:
This ain't a bad deal on a putter for you. Better hurry though, only three days left at that price....
:-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:31 AM 04-14-2010
I've used both 3balls and RBG. Good expereinces with both.

As far as GPS goes, spring for a SkyCaddie. I picked one up for $80 a couple months back on the Bay and with a $49 activation fee, I've got nationwide coverage and access to all the courses mapped (and that would include virtually every one). It's almost like cheating using that thing. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:31 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I've used both 3balls and RBG. Good expereinces with both.

As far as GPS goes, spring for a SkyCaddie. I picked one up for $80 a couple months back on the Bay and with a $49 activation fee, I've got nationwide coverage and access to all the courses mapped (and that would include virtually every one). It's almost like cheating using that thing. :-)
Tim did you buy any used clubs from 3balls?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:11 PM 04-14-2010
when I worked at Dicks Sporting Goods in the golf department we took in used clubs from customers and sent them to three ball.
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:46 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Tim did you buy any used clubs from 3balls?
I beleive that's where I picked up my Vokey wedges, a 54 and a 60.
The grips weren't the best, but I've since replaced the grips. It's a cheap fix if you do it yourself. The faces on both were fine. They rate them fairly.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up