Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cuban Stock Cigars..hidden Treasures
Garbandz 02:01 PM 04-07-2010
I got some more excellent smokes today,the Cuban Stock Cigar guys really do a terrific job curing and rolling their tobacco. I have always enjoyed their blends,and I have come to expect a quality smoke every time.
Yaniv Levy is the owner of the Cuban Stock company, I really appreciate his efforts.
Medium plus in strength, full of flavor and quite complex is how I describe his blends,they are a treat every time.......
Attached: CubanStock April '10 003.jpg (102.8 KB) CubanStock April '10 001.jpg (112.2 KB) 
[Reply]
e-man67 02:09 PM 04-07-2010
This is the first I have heard of them..look good.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:26 PM 04-07-2010
Yeah you should post more info, like what are the 3 blends in the picture etc.. Or at least a website.
[Reply]
maninblack 02:28 PM 04-07-2010
They do look good, but more info is needed.
[Reply]
shilala 02:48 PM 04-07-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
Yeah you should post more info, like what are the 3 blends in the picture etc.. Or at least a website.
Their website is in the first picture, so is their phone number.
It's cubanstockcigars.com.
Their exquisitos look just like BTL's and WOAM's. Gorgeous cigars, probably worth a good look. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:04 AM 04-08-2010
Nice pic they got on their homepage. Love those 40's style pin-ups!:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:14 AM 04-08-2010
WTF? So they don't sell to consumers, you have to visit your local tobacconist. That is all fine and well, but it says you have to contact them to find the closest facility. Why not put a search feature on your website :-)

Well, I was going to buy some, but it isn't worth the effort now.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:20 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
WTF? So they don't sell to consumers, you have to visit your local tobacconist. That is all fine and well, but it says you have to contact them to find the closest facility. Why not put a search feature on your website :-)

I'm with you Dan.

Tom...where did you snag 'em from?
[Reply]
AD720 08:55 AM 04-08-2010
I've had a handful of these, pretty good. A shop in the Philly burbs carries them - SJ Cigars.

http://www.sjcigars.com/Merchant2/me...ode=cubanstock
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:45 PM 04-08-2010
At least 3 of the cigars are aged in wine barrels, another in a coffee factory, and one wrapped with "with a dark and shiny Dominican Maduro Special (DMS) wrapper developed by us"? Now if they said grown by us I would have no problem with that statement.

I have never smoked any of these or seen them so I'm not trying to dog them out. Its just the way their website tries to make them sound. Instead of making them sound like a cigar I have to have it all sounds like a cigar I should try to stay away from.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:54 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:

Doesn't seem like a good way to get "product" out to the masses. If they make it this difficult to just get a taste one wonders what happens if you don't like them? Can they at least let people know where to buy them? :-)
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 06:38 AM 04-10-2010
My theory is that when you call, they will ask where you live and then start dogging all the BMs in your area to carry their cigars.
[Reply]
Garbandz 07:42 AM 04-11-2010
You can also see my reviews here in the archives from a while back.I got these from the maker,he sends me a handfull when he makes a new blend,or when a new batch of tobacco is used.
I will contact the maker about these issues.Thanks for your feedback..Keep an eye on this thread,maybe I can get some samples for you guys.......
[Reply]
SSDVC 04:59 PM 04-12-2010
I'll take all the samples they are willing to put out.

I am sure this isn't a new idea, but they should just put a listing of current resellers on the site and then an email request thing so if we like them, we could send an email asking for one of our local retailers to carry them. We could talk with the retailer about stocking them on a trial basis.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 05:04 PM 04-12-2010
They look like they're rolled nicely.

I agree with tx_tuff, though - describing a maduro wrapper as "developed" is a bit scary. I'm a sucker for maduro, too - but I'm not sure about this.

Also agree with maninblack - dig the pin up style.

The exquisitos look pretty cool, but I'd want some clarification on the "developed" maduro wrapper.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:59 AM 04-13-2010
smoked a Cuban Stock Extra torpedo last week, will post the review somewhere in the next few days
[Reply]
bookman 03:17 AM 04-13-2010
thanks for the tip.
[Reply]
Garbandz 04:23 AM 04-16-2010
A few more goodies you may enjoy seeing.Excellent rolling and wonderful smoking,,,,,,,,,,The whole line is worth a try,I like them all,from the mild to the full blends.
Attached: SJ cigars 002.jpg (118.5 KB) cuban stock 005.jpg (122.5 KB) cuban stock 10.jpg (105.1 KB) cuban stock 13.jpg (112.9 KB) 
[Reply]
whodeeni 06:25 AM 04-16-2010
They do look nice... You should have your 'friend' send me a sampler pack
and i'll do a bunch of reviews for him!:-)

Originally Posted by Garbandz:
A few more goodies you may enjoy seeing.Excellent rolling and wonderful smoking,,,,,,,,,,The whole line is worth a try,I like them all,from the mild to the full blends.

[Reply]
Up