Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Lets See those Trucks
fhrblig 10:27 PM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by Diesel Kinevel:
1997 Ford F-250 4X4

Complete with Powerstroke Diesel with 150 on the clock.

-Z
Nice! I think that's my favorite generation of Ford F-Series trucks.:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:05 AM 05-13-2010
Waiting on pictures of Longknockers new truck :-)
[Reply]
Knip23 07:31 PM 11-24-2010
Up dated trucks? Who has done something new to there truck? I put new tires on my truck. Wrangler Authorties. 275/R17/65. Looks tons better. :-) Now when i get to Lousiana im going to Jack it up 6 inches and put some 35s under it. :-)
Attached: 364.jpg (29.0 KB) 360.jpg (24.5 KB) 366.jpg (26.6 KB) 
[Reply]
GolfNut 07:38 PM 11-24-2010
You guys have purrrty trucks! Here's my beast as of tonight. Image
[Reply]
Knip23 07:39 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
You guys have purrrty trucks! Here's my beast as of tonight. Image
Sharp looking truck. What size lift do you have on there? 3 or 6inch?:-)
[Reply]
GolfNut 07:58 PM 11-24-2010
6 inch lift sitting on 35's. The bed rail is just a shade over 5ft off the ground. I'm 6'4 and it's still a ***** to work on anything in the engine compartment.

I bought it this way from a guy who bought it from a young man that had done all the work to it. This guys wife hurt her back and couldn't get in it anymore. The engine was rebuilt and pumped up somehow. I'd love to know what. I've driven other 351 windsor trucks and they are NOTHING like this thing. It's loud, lopey and can spin those 35's with the stock 3.55 gears. I will re-gear it eventually but it's still a fun truck.

Paint is peeling, got a dent in the right door from windstorm damage, several little electrical quirks but still does everything I need it to. Best thing is, for me anyway, no truck payments. :-)

Here's a shot of it on April 1st after my son and a friend had a little fun. Image
[Reply]
Knip23 08:05 PM 11-24-2010
Thats pretty sick truck. I like it. im going to do the same to my truck. Well my wife is when i go to Afgan in Jan. So when i come home it should be all done. If you could take a pic under the hood, and i may be able to tell you what all is done to it.

Knip.
[Reply]
GolfNut 08:09 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Knip23:
Thats pretty sick truck. I like it. im going to do the same to my truck. Well my wife is when i go to Afgan in Jan. So when i come home it should be all done. If you could take a pic under the hood, and i may be able to tell you what all is done to it.

Knip.
No, it looks normal under the hood. No aftermarket cold air and still has the speed density system on it, so I can't imagine too much could have done without converting it to mass air. Funny thing is, when I bought it, it came with a K&N cone filter attached to a mass air sensor body, so I think the kid was getting ready to convert it when he got in some trouble and had to sell it off.

Next Summer I'll look into things a bit, and see what's up.
[Reply]
Knip23 08:13 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
No, it looks normal under the hood. No aftermarket cold air and still has the speed density system on it, so I can't imagine too much could have done without converting it to mass air. Funny thing is, when I bought it, it came with a K&N cone filter attached to a mass air sensor body, so I think the kid was getting ready to convert it when he got in some trouble and had to sell it off.

Next Summer I'll look into things a bit, and see what's up.
Hey may have switched out the pistons, Port and Polished head number of things.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 08:20 PM 11-24-2010
wish i could lift mine... hard enough to find parking when i am stuck working in downtown chicago. i had to 3 point turn all the way up in the garage this was taken in. what a nightmare.

[Reply]
Knip23 08:25 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:
wish i could lift mine... hard enough to find parking when i am stuck working in downtown chicago. i had to 3 point turn all the way up in the garage this was taken in. what a nightmare.

:-)

Well one of these thing is not like there other, lettes see if we can point it out? Nice very nice.

Knip.
[Reply]
GolfNut 08:40 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:

that's just a great picture!:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up