Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Shipping to Europe
mariogolbee 11:42 AM 03-20-2010
I scanned the "shipping" threads and did not find the info I seek. I apologize if this is out there somewhere are already and I'm sure this topic has come up before.

I am shipping around 20 sticks across the sea and am wondering the best way and courier to do so with. In the past I've sent less than 10 sticks in a USPS Priority envelope with no problem. I don't think the 20ish sticks would fit comfortably in the same envelope though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:37 PM 03-20-2010
bump
[Reply]
T.G 02:07 PM 03-20-2010
Figure out the weight of your cigars, humidification device (if any), packing and check the USPS international priority and see if would be cheaper to use your own box or to move up to the medium flat rate box. If getting to an accurate scale is a problem, just guestimate: IIRC, cigars weigh on the average 1/2 to 1oz each depending on the size. A 12"x12" sheet of bubble wrap is about 1/2 oz.

In most, if not all cases, the USPS will beat the price of any of the private carriers (FedEX, DHL, UPS) by a significant margin.
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:11 PM 03-20-2010
I think Jordan did a thread about shipping to Europe...something like placing the sticks on a smaller (video cassette) sized USPS box and then placing that box inside a USPS flat rate envelope and taping that sucker down. I think it ends up costing only about $8-$10.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:18 PM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I think Jordan did a thread about shipping to Europe...something like placing the sticks on a smaller (video cassette) sized USPS box and then placing that box inside a USPS flat rate envelope and taping that sucker down. I think it ends up costing only about $8-$10.
Thanks. I've done that before but I don't find the envelopes to hold many more than 10 sticks. Especially with small box inside. That way seemed to be easy though.

Thanks Adam.
[Reply]
Up