Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>A. Fuente SG Cuban Bellicoso
BlackDog 08:42 PM 10-30-2008
We have had an unusually warm day here in Minneapolis, so I took advantageof it tonight and smoked a Fuente Sun Grown Cuban Bellicoso on the back patio. This is a lovely cigar, no heavy veins, firm, easy draw. The aroma of the cigar prior to lighting is predominantly cedar, as the cigar is cedar wrapped in the cellophane. Upon lighting I get cream and an eartyy barnyard-y flavor. Once I get a half inch or so into the cigar it settles into a "bright" sweet tea. At times I get a hint of a floral side-stream aroma. The mid-body of the cigar is not terribly complicated, just a nice tea flavor and some earth. The final third of the cigar rocks. It picks up some spice, and deepens into a sweet coffee flavor. I smoked it down to the final last half inch. I've got about 10 of these in the coolerdor, and I'm looking forward to them. Well recommended.

As an aside, while I was smoking, sitting quietly in the dark, two red foxes were hunting for mice in my backyard, not 30 feet from me. I was dressed in black sweat pants and a black fleece top, and they never seemed to even notice my presence. They only stayed for a few minutes, and I'd have thought they'd at least smell me or the cigar smoke, but it never seemed to raise their attention. After they determined there were no mice, they moved along to better hunting grounds. Pretty neat.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 09:18 PM 10-30-2008
Nice review Warren. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 07:37 AM 06-24-2009
I smoked another one of these last night. These are really a fine smoke. Beautifully made, perfect draw, nice flavor of tea and cedar. Even though I've been on a CC kick, I may spring for a box of these sometime in the near future.

I had forgotton that I wrote the review above, and found it when I searched for "Cuban Bellicoso" to post a review. I think I did a damn nice job the first time. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 10:38 AM 06-24-2009
definitely spot on, Dog.

always nice to have Cuban Beli's and King B's in the humidor.

:-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 12:13 PM 06-24-2009
Love these!
[Reply]
groogs 01:03 PM 06-24-2009
I have to agree, the Cuban Belli is one of my favorite smokes by Fuente.
[Reply]
Killjoy 05:20 PM 06-26-2009
I am a big fan of these too...It has been a good year since I had one though. I think I might do myself a favour and pick a couple up.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:55 PM 06-29-2009
I just had one of these last Saturday . My wife bought me a box a few years ago and I was letting them sit as I had not liked them too much . It really smoothed out to a nice cigar , glad I still have a few more now . Nice review .
[Reply]
borndead1 11:16 PM 07-01-2009
Nice review. Honestly, I would pick one of these over an Opus or Anejo. I'm not kidding. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:37 AM 07-02-2009
Nice review...thanks!!
[Reply]
Up