Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>5 Vegas Cask Strength II
tenbaseg 06:30 PM 01-16-2009
Now that these are available, I'm broke!!
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:53 PM 01-30-2009
I won a 5er last week on the Devil site. Smoked the first one early this morning. (Sorry no pictures it was dark and I was driving.)
The pre-light aroma was slightly fruity, fresh melon, not the dried fruit smell of a very well aged cigar.
The pre-light draw was perfect, light and easy with just enough resistance.
The first inch was excellent, a woody and leather taste with some nice white pepper taste for the tongue and the nose.
BUT, after that the cigar became boring to the nub. A bitter taste, slightly metallic, was all that this cigar had to give. Very disappointing to say the least.
I'll put the other 4 away for a year or two and see if anything good develops. I'm thinking that it won't. These look very similar to Cuba Libres or the La Herencia de Cuba that CI sells. I hope to do a side by side comparison with these other cigars after the cask-strengths rest a while.
The price worked out to be about $4 a cigar, definitely not worth the price for such a boring smoke.:-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 03:58 PM 01-30-2009
I finally got around to ordering a 5'er of these with the Joe Cigar deal today. Hopefully they come around with some rest.

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bookman 07:39 PM 04-10-2009
Anyone know the best age to put one htese bad boys??
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up