Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>King Havano Black Knight
macpappy 04:56 PM 03-06-2010
Just had my first Black Knight by Oliveros. I'm not a big fan of most Oliveros but I will probably buy some more of these. It's a box pressed maduro, 6 x 52 rg.

I haven't seen too much written about these so I didn't know what to expect. It had a nice dark oily wrapper with a good pre-light smell. At least it didn't smell like barnyard. It burned evenly all the way down to the last inch with a dark gray ash. I had around three inches of ash before it fell off the first time. I didn't notice any draw problems and didn't have to touch up or re-light. It gave off plenty of smoke with a pleasant aroma.

I thought it was smooth with a little spice, some leathery notes and a creaminess that I enjoyed. I don't think it was a particularly strong cigar but that could just be me too.

Overall it was a nice smoke.
[Reply]
silentjon 04:40 AM 03-08-2010
Agreed. I was never impressed by anything Oliveros ever put out, but this was a nice cigar.
[Reply]
php007 11:04 AM 03-08-2010
Seems like I will end up trying one this Friday. My local B&M is having an event for this cigar.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:11 AM 03-08-2010
The King Havanos are great cigars and priced right. They shouldn't be overlooked. All ligero filler and binder with tons of flavor.
[Reply]
whodeeni 06:45 AM 03-11-2010
Does all ligero EVER really mean all ligero?:-)

*i.e. Cain Straight Ligero - 82% Ligero but billed as ALL Ligero"

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The King Havanos are great cigars and priced right. They shouldn't be overlooked. All ligero filler and binder with tons of flavor.

[Reply]
68TriShield 07:31 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Does all ligero EVER really mean all ligero?:-)

*i.e. Cain Straight Ligero - 82% Ligero but billed as ALL Ligero"
There is Ligero from different strains of Tobacco plants though.
[Reply]
Up