Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Dang Kids Keep Growing Up!
MajorCaptSilly 06:03 PM 02-22-2010
Well, my son got his license on Saturday. My hair is even more gray than before. He also decided to wrestle with me this weekend and took me down 3 times, bruised my face, and messed up my shoulder pretty good. Of course, he's doing great at school and is getting back into the basketball groove after his second knee surgery. My daughter is already a sophmore at Indiana University carrying a 3.7 GPA at the Kelly School of Business. She just sent me an application she is submitting to be a student ambassador for the Kelly School. She writes very well indeed. They are both such great kids and it's great watching them grow up. I kinda miss rocking them to sleep and playing Chutes & Ladders though!

MCS
[Reply]
pnoon 06:07 PM 02-22-2010
I hear ya, Scott.
But I bet they still (and always will) like cake. :-)

Anyone can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.
[Reply]
Razorhog 06:09 PM 02-22-2010
With twin boys due in April, I'm just beginning the journey. Sounds like yours is going well! I envision wrestling matches, but I'll be double-teamed!
Best of luck to both your son and daughter!
[Reply]
E.J. 06:09 PM 02-22-2010
I hear you.... Amazing how fast the time goes by....
[Reply]
hotreds 06:22 PM 02-22-2010
Nicely put MCS!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:27 PM 02-22-2010
At least you have good things to talk about. You must feel proud!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:30 PM 02-22-2010
It's also a bummer not being able to beat my son at anything athletically. I never let him win at basketball so that when he finally beat me, it would be worth something. Now he just creams my butt!

MCS
[Reply]
pnoon 06:31 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Now he just creams my butt!
That sounds SO wrong. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 06:35 PM 02-22-2010
[quote=pnoon;768822]That sounds SO wrong. :-)[/QUOTE

Yeah, it does. Whoops!

MCS
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:36 PM 02-22-2010
all good things come full circle, in a few years the kids will play Chutes and Ladders with Dad when he is in the Home and it would make his day. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:46 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Originally Posted by pnoon:
That sounds SO wrong. :-)
Yeah, it does. Whoops!

MCS
Can I use it in next year's MCS sig line contest? :-)
[Reply]
okieRob 06:49 PM 02-22-2010
Sounds to me like you need some grandkids in the not to distant future. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:50 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Can I use it in next year's MCS sig line contest? :-)
Winner!:-):-)
[Reply]
G G 07:14 PM 02-22-2010
My son will be 21 in April, and it seems like he should only be maybe 5. The years have gone by very fast.
[Reply]
shilala 07:15 PM 02-22-2010
You can't beat kids, Cap. They're awesome.
It's been a long time coming, but my daughter lives with me pretty much exclusively.
We've been thick as thieves since she was born, I spent every night up with her and I've nursed her through every sickness and every problem she's ever had. We make a hell of a team, and she's taught me more than I've ever learned from anyone in all my life.
I don't forget to thank God for her every day.
[Reply]
acruce 07:24 PM 02-22-2010
Kids do grow fast. I'm sure you are proud. Sounds like your kids are on the right track in life which all go's back to your parenting.....:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:43 PM 02-22-2010
Sound like great kids (young adults), Scott....and sounds like your wrestling days are over. :-)
[Reply]
The Postman 08:30 PM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
My son will be 21 in April, and it seems like he should only be maybe 5. The years have gone by very fast.

I hear you there brother, my son is 20, and my daughter is 18 - it seems like yesterday that we went and took them to Kindergarten for the first time. There have been highs and lows in that 20 years but I would not trade it for anything in the world.
[Reply]
Up