Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>What kind of cereal are you guys eating?
Prospector 08:19 PM 02-19-2010
My 'special blend' of one part Fiber 1 (the original) to four parts Special K (also the original) topped with sliced bananas and peaches and drowned in skim milk. Quite tasty:-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 09:41 PM 02-19-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I remember being pretty fond of Golden Grahams.
The perfect cereal...you can eat it with milk in the morning, and you can munch it dry watching TV in the evening! :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:57 PM 02-19-2010
For breakfast -- Oatmeal (the real kind -- steel cut oats), which I like to mix with chunky applesauce. Instead of applesauce I might have rasins and brown sugar.

Occaisionally I will have cream-of-wheat instead.

For snacks I will any one of the following (dry): Golden Grahams, Corn Flakes, Multigrain Cheerios, Rasin Bran.
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 02:54 AM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by junkinduck:
I like grape nuts with a pat of butter and a little brown sugur add milk and nuke untill butter melts. Stir and eat.
this sounds great!
[Reply]
sofaman 04:31 AM 02-20-2010
Lately I have been eating Multi grain Cheerios there prety dam tasty:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:58 AM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Frosted Mini Wheats... best cereal hands down.
And the Malt O Meal bag version is way cheaper and personally, just as good (OK, almost as good). And, if your store has it, it comes in an "family size" bag.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:00 AM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I eat Grape Nuts with lots of milk and just a sprinkle of sugar. They're still hard, though, but I like the change of pace.

They've done some "improvements" on the Froot Loop flavoring. Not sure I'm a fan.
Grape nuts with sugar on top - or better yet, bananas and sugar.

I personally like the crunch.
[Reply]
shilala 07:04 AM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
That sounds like me Scott. You know that's going to help us become diabetic if we aint careful.:-)
How I've managed to avoid it so far is a mystery to me. I should have it something awful, but so far, so good. I'm getting better as I get older, eating better stuff and more "regularly". I still haven't broke through that "eating in the morning" barrier. It makes me sick.
Hopefully that'll iron out before too long. :-)
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:12 AM 02-20-2010
I had some Reese's Peanut Butter puffs. They tasted like cardboard with peanut butter.
[Reply]
JE3146 12:19 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I had some Reese's Peanut Butter puffs. They tasted like cardboard with peanut butter.
Most cereal is flavored cardboard...
[Reply]
BigFrank 01:20 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Most cereal is flavored cardboard...
It's what I get for straying from Captain Crunch + Berries...
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:48 PM 02-20-2010
Just picked up a box of Cupcake Fruity Pebbles. :-)
[Reply]
The Postman 03:47 PM 02-20-2010
I also do a rotation because cereal is my breakfast, lunch, or evening snack of choice. Right now I have Cheerios, whole grain and regular, Captain Crunch, Fruit Loops, and Sugar Crisp in the cupboard. To change it out now and then a good bowl of Oatmeal is just the ticket on a cold winter day.
[Reply]
kugie 03:51 PM 02-20-2010
Cold: Frosted Shredded Wheat (health and flavor)
Hot: Plain Oat meal with a touch of milk and maple syrup.
[Reply]
RGD. 04:31 PM 02-20-2010
I have to watch my sugar intake (and I watch the calories) - so it's plain ole Cheerios for me. Some days I'll toss in part of a banana. I'm pretty much use to it being non-sweetened - but if I get a need, I use a little Splenda on it.

ron
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:52 PM 02-20-2010
Kix, best cereal ever, had a bowl for breakfast this morning :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:37 PM 03-01-2010
Just so you guys know I wasn't just wasting your time... :-)
I picked up some Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries, some Apple Jacks, and some Grape Nuts.
I suggested to Lisa that she try the Grape Nuts mixed in with Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. She did, and she loved it.
I asked my daughter, Rebekah, about the Reeese's peanut butter cup stuff. She said it's really good, but it tastes nothing at all like peanut butter cups or even peanut butter. I don't like anything that's peanut butter "flavored", but I'm going to give these a try. I put them on my grocery list.

Thanks for all your help, guys. I appreciate you going to the trouble to help me out!!! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 03:17 PM 03-01-2010
Granola.
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:16 PM 03-01-2010
Damn get the slippers on, some capt crunch and go watch Saturday morning cartoons. Scooby Doo Where are you?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up