Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lynn houseblend Rosado
Don Fernando 04:21 AM 02-19-2010
These cigars are made by Miura Cigars, a company that makes cigars for major distributors and private labels, as well as their own cigars. This cigar is a Nicaraguan puro with a rosado wrapper. A friend gave me this cigar when I mentioned that I like rosado leaf.

The cigar comes naked, no band whatsoever, just packed in cellophane and has a 6 x 54 size. The cigar has a strong barnyard aroma and the construction feels good. The rosado wrapper is oily but looks a little wrinkled. The predraw is on the loose side and leaves a raising flavor on my palate.

I can taste some leather, reasonable full, with a bit of a metallic feel to it. After an inch some wood joins the party.

After 1/3rd the texture gets a bit creamy and I get a herbal aftertaste. Halfway the flavors grow a bit in strength and I can even taste some nuts, hazelnuts and walnut, all still a bit metallic.

I get more than enough smoke and the draw is fine. The ash is pretty light, firm and straight. I had some burn issues towards the end. I would rate this a medium cigar, both on body and flavor. It is a nice cigar, but not much of a challenge.

Would I buy this cigar again? This size isn't offered on the website any longer, but I will get a bundle of figurados or perfectos. They have a great price quality ratio for a yardgar.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
G G 07:12 AM 02-19-2010
Sounds good.:-)
[Reply]