Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Herencia Cubana oscuro fuerte robusto
Adriftpanda 05:23 PM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I disagree about the Diesel but yeah, these LHCOFs are phenomenal. Smoked a beli today and it was great. Need to get some more, I'm almost out...
Posted via Mobile Device
hence the "to me." Yeah, I was just not impressed with the Diesel. I thought it was a lot of hype and it did not live up to it. Different strokes for different folks. :-)

Just got done smoking the LHC oscuro.... it was a good smoke. I would definitely smoke more if I had more. Thanks for the review, I don't think I would have smoked it if it wasn't for the review. :-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 09:00 PM 06-05-2010
Smoked one of these tonight. Paired nice with the brandy I had. Great review friend.
[Reply]
Dark Jester 09:21 PM 06-05-2010
Enjoying one of these right now thanks to Dunkel. :-) I think the diesel is about equal. I couldn't really pick one over the other. Both great smokes.
[Reply]
heavyd 04:52 PM 06-07-2010
I tried this one too, based on the review. I like them a lot :-) very good cheap smoke.
[Reply]
Huskysibe 05:10 AM 06-08-2010
Right now this is my favorite go to smoke! Man O war is second and Diesel is third.
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:19 PM 06-10-2010
Man I tell ya I am smokin one of these right now and it is GOOD. My goto is Sol cubana cuban cabinet. Get the seconds bundles they are a steal.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 02:19 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Lately I've smoked a few AJ Fernandez blends and so far I liked all of them, so I had high expectations when one of my smoking buddies came by my house with a box of La Herencia Cubana oscuro fuerte robusto. And a nice looking box I might add, simple but not an ordinary cab.

The 5.5 x 54 robusto has a pretty dark broadleaf maduro wrapper grown in Pennsylvania has hardly no veins. A Nicaraguan binder and filler from Esteli, Condega and Jalapa in Nicaragua finish this cigar. The double band is quite stylish, yet not overdone. The construction feels good and the cigar produces a nice barnyard aroma. The predraw is fine and leaves a peppery raisin flavor in my mouth.

I can taste a strong coffee flavor, more espresso then normal coffee and maybe a little too strong for my taste, it's borderline. After a centimeter I can taste a little bit of chocolate as an aftertaste. The texture of the flavors are dry.

I can also taste a wooden flavor through the espresso and slowly the espresso fades away a bit so that the wood becomes the dominant flavor.

Halfway there is a nice balance between the coffee and the wood flavors and the aftertaste is chocolate again, but really mild. At 2/3rd some herbal flavors join the coffee and wood, and slowly those herbs grow to become the dominant flavor, perfectly supported by the coffee and wood.

The draw is fine, just like the burn. The amount of medium thick smoke is insane, it is a good thing that my smoke alarm isn't working, or the fire department would have been paying a visit. The salt and pepper colored ash is firm but crooked. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored, the flavors are very bold and "in your face". I had a little nicotine buzz going on.

Would I buy this cigar again? Oh yeah!! Another fine AJ Fernandez blend and available for $3 a piece.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
You are spot on with this review Ferdi !
Nice review Brother.:-) :-)

Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I like both alot but IMO the LHCOF is a little tastier than the Diesel.
Been sitting on a box since Jan and they do get better with a little age...but tasty ROTT.:-)

Originally Posted by kenstogie:
If that's true then the LHCOF's are
Great value.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just hope this stays the little secret it is. Or we can expect the price to go through the roof.:-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:31 AM 06-11-2010
the ones I have are about 6 months a year and they are gettting better. After having 3 of the Diesels I think the LHCOF's are maybe equal or a little better even.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up