Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>First smoke inside
Trouble 11:32 AM 02-06-2010
I started smoking cigars about 2 months ago and have only smoked outside while walking the dog in 15-38 degree weather. I have tried a lot of cigars in samplers and have really developed a taste for Padrons. I bought everything on the internet but recently passed a B&M and decided to check it out. Real nice place and they let you smoke and drink. Been meaning to go there for a while and finally convince a few co-workers to go after work on Fri night.

I wanted to smoke a 1926 ann but to my surprise they only had 3000 series. I did notice they had some Tatuaje brown label Cojonu 2003 for $17.99. They charge a lot more than I could buy them for on the internet but feel it is still extremely cheap considering we get to smoke them in a really nice lounge while sipping scotch. A priveledge well worth a small mark up on the gars.

Much more relaxing than smoking while being pulled down the street by an 80 pound dog in freezing weather. I am convinced the new atmosphere helped the taste of the cigar.

I never had a tat before but have read quite a few great reviews. Wow this was the most distinct flavor I have tasted yet. It was delicious and tasted like no other cigar. Padron are my favorite but are just a smooth refined version of other cigars IMHO. The Tat has a real unique flavor that I could not get enough of.

Unfortunately it was a lot like eating icing without the cake. At first it is delicious and you cannot get enough. About halfway through the sweet taste became over whelming and I was wishing for more of the less sweet cigar taste you would find in a Padron.

Regardless I think it was a very unique and excellent cigar. For me I think it would be perfect in a smaller size. Definitely give one a try.

I will be spending more time at my local B&M. Everyone that walked in was immediately involved and welcomed into our conversation. It is like it was assumed we all smoke cigars so we are already friends. Very comfortable environment.:-)
[Reply]
acruce 11:41 AM 02-06-2010
Smoking in a relaxing atmosphere will really enhance the flavors of a nice cigar. Glad enjoyed it
[Reply]
icehog3 12:01 PM 02-06-2010
Cigar smokers are generally great people in my experience....glad your first experience was a good one too. :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 12:14 PM 02-06-2010
Sounds great. Wish there was a b&m near me! Enjoy it.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:17 PM 02-06-2010
Never heard anyone describe a Tat Cojonu as sweet.
[Reply]
Up