Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Why are my Cubaos tasting like.......
eber 09:19 PM 01-31-2010
CRAP?? I got a box of #4s around christmas and have had a couple and both of them have been horrible. I loved these when they first came out. I am starting to think that they got so popular so fast and they couldn't keep up without using different leaf or something because they dont even smell like I remember them.
Has anyone else had a similar issue with these? maybe they are too fresh off the tables and they need to sleep for a while. I just hope they come around

RANT OVER :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 05:40 AM 02-01-2010
My box of #6s are smooth with a hint of sweetness. The 601 Green and these make me a believer of EO.

How are your other sticks smoking? RH and temp at good levels? You storing Acids with the good stuff? Give your Cubaos some more time, see if they get better.
[Reply]
eber 07:35 AM 02-01-2010
my other cigars are smoking normal, Vino and desktop are at 65% (using beads) I think I will just forget about them for a while and hopefully they will come around.
[Reply]
slickster81 10:26 AM 02-01-2010
Give the foot a sniff, I picked up some Cubao's at my B&M not too long ago, popped them in my humi, and when I opened it a few days later, it smelled like ammonia....the culprit? My new Cubao's.....seems they weren't done resting before leaving the factory.:-)
[Reply]
e-man67 10:28 AM 02-01-2010
I bought 6 5vrs when they came out ans smoked 3...they all sucked IMO.
[Reply]
md4958 10:28 AM 02-01-2010
Cuban Upmann Mag 50s... Smoke like a dream ROTT. 3 months later and they tasted like dog chit.

A year later, and they are better than I remember.

sometimes they just need to rest a bit. :-)
[Reply]
eber 01:31 PM 02-01-2010
thanks for the responses fellas..... off to move them to the back of the vino, out of sight, out of mind
[Reply]
gnukfu 02:24 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Cuban Upmann Mag 50s... Smoke like a dream ROTT. 3 months later and they tasted like dog chit.

A year later, and they are better than I remember.

sometimes they just need to rest a bit. :-)
Same here Moe...they must be in the "sick" period now...good thing I have elventy billion other cigars to smoke in the meantime! :-)
[Reply]
The Postman 08:00 PM 02-04-2010
I am thinking time might be the answer. I smoked an Arganese the other night, and it was nothing like I rememberd, I think that more age with cure that problem.
[Reply]
Up