Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Pinar del Rio Habano Sun Grown Robusto
Kreth 05:04 PM 01-26-2010
Mario sent me one of these and one of the Oscuros in the MAW a while back. The Oscuro was tasty, but had some burn issues, so I was looking forward to trying this stick after a bit of rest.

Humidor time: 2 months

Prelight: Well constructed, with minimal veins. Prelight draw is moderate, with a leathery/musty flavor.

Burn: The burn got a little uneven, but never enough to require a touch-up. Ash was solid and held on well. Draw was moderate. The burn time was about 75 minutes.

Flavor: Leather, with a bit of cedar and a hint of caramel that came and went. Nice amount of pepper, especially through the nose.

Summary: Very tasty, and burned much better than the Oscuro after a little rest. I'll have to pick up a few more of each and bury them in the cooler for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:08 PM 01-26-2010
Nice review Jeff. I had an Oscuro the other night and they just keep getting better and better. I've liked all of the PdR line I've tried so far. I haven't had an HSG for a while now. Maybe I should do some digging.
[Reply]
Titan410 09:49 AM 01-27-2010
The guys at Dogwatch did an interview and review last year I think. The stick was supposed to be knock our socks off strong.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:00 AM 01-27-2010
Thanks for the review Jeff and glad you enjoyed the smoke. This is a nice stick:-)

[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 11:29 AM 01-27-2010
I love this cigar!
[Reply]
Kreth 02:26 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by Titan410:
The guys at Dogwatch did an interview and review last year I think. The stick was supposed to be knock our socks off strong.
Definitely peppery, but I didn't find it to be excessively strong.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up