Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Davidoff Millennium Blend Lancero
DBall 08:29 AM 01-19-2010

HOLY SHlT

I haven't really enjoyed an NC is some time... this morning I chose to revisit the Davidoff line as I remember that being one I enjoyed before. That being said, I used to like a lot of different brands that now when I revisit I'm really not excited by.

This starts off grassy like all NC Davidoffs seem to, but within the first 1/2" it got creamy and delicious... the sweetness coming through is like undertones 0f white chocolate with the grassiness in the foreground (but not by much).

I'm about through the first third and this is pouring off smoke and is a nice, mild/medium cigar...

I just priced these out and threw up. I do quite detest cleaning up vomit and I'm sure this will sully the taste of the cigar, but I'll go brush my teeth and drink some Pellegrino.

Continuing on... the burn on this cigar is flawless, as is the draw. The taste isn't changing much, but i'm ok with that. What I'm not ok with is that 5 of these cost more than a full box of some of the stuff I smoke. I am truly curious as to what these are going to taste like with age... will they be like most NCs that are made to smoke sooner than later or are they going to be like the CC Davidoffs and become stellar as time goes on? As a note, this has been aging for at least a year as of now.

I'm still finding myself taken aback by how fantastic and pronounced these flavors are. I smoked an 01 Vegas Robaina Familiar last night and an 01 Juan Lopez Corona last night and kinda find this to be better (although it's a close call between the VR and this).

Right in the center of this cigar now and a spice is coming up... not strong or overpowering, but present and complimentary. Unfortunately, I can't quite place it. Out the nose, the creamy grassiness is still quite pleasant.

Basically, this tastes like what people say cuban Cohibas should taste like. I never got that out of Cohibas, though... honestly, I never really could get into cuban Cohibas and I've tried a bunch of times. However, when I read reviews on them, I read what I'm tasting now.

Coming into the final third, I realize this shares many of the positive flavors of the cuban Davidoffs (the creaminess and slight vanilla-ish/graham crackerishness), just much stronger and coupled with a bit of spice and those undertones of chocolate that seem to linger throughout the cigar.

Damn... I gotta admit. I'm REALLY surprised by this. Another great thing about this is how perfect it looks. The wrapper is flawless... I find myself utilizing that adjective frequently in relation to this stick. I could smoke these daily and will, if I hit the lottery, put these into rotation.

For construction and burn: 50/50
For flavor: 46/50 (seriously... it's that good)

Total score on my very unscientific/lame scoring system I just made up: 96/100

:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:46 AM 01-19-2010
Huge fan of the Millennium Blend, I too wish they had a reasonable price tag :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:12 AM 01-19-2010
Great Review, Dan! I Love The Davidoff, Too, Although I've Only Tried The Special R. It Was The First Smoke That Gave Me A "Wow"!:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:24 AM 01-19-2010
Hey- look at that! Dan's discovered that there are some NCs that don't suck. :-)

Welcome to the club, Dan. :-)
[Reply]
Tarks 10:38 AM 01-19-2010
On my list. Thanks for sharing your experience.
[Reply]
jechelman 10:45 AM 01-19-2010
Thanks for the review. I have not had the Lancero but love the Robusto and Piramides. Wonderful Cigars.:-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 10:45 AM 01-19-2010
Nice review, the Millennium Blend has always been my favorite of the Davidoff line.
[Reply]
Vigiles 11:11 AM 01-19-2010
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 11:13 AM 01-19-2010
I have a robusto of this one I received from a friend about 6 months ago. This review convinced me to pull it out and smoke it. I will probably love it...which will make me cry.:-)

Thanks for the review.

[Reply]
Knip23 11:37 AM 01-19-2010
Thanks for the Review
[Reply]
G G 11:46 AM 01-19-2010
Great review.:-)
[Reply]
roughrider 03:55 PM 01-19-2010
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:24 PM 01-19-2010
Great review. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:38 PM 01-19-2010
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
Hey- look at that! Dan's discovered that there are some NCs that don't suck. :-)

Welcome to the club, Dan. :-)
I know Dan. I've met Dan. And that's not Dan. :-)

Thanks for the review. I've had one of their tubos sleeping for a couple years now . . . once Spring springs I may have to break it out.
[Reply]
Up