Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Man O'War Runination Belicoso Cigar Review Video
kaelaria 10:14 PM 01-12-2010

This 5.7×56 stick offers a Dark and oily wrapper with fairly firm construction, small veins and tight seams. Draw was perfect and the burn was very good all the way down, holding long tight ashes. The first inch had quite a spice kick with a smooth tobacco core and long finish. It then transitioned to flavors including coffee, chocolate, licorice, sweetness and left a long finish of oily tobacco and deep espresso. Body was medium-full with rich thick smoke while strength was pushing full. After the video I did have a jittery buzz for 30 min or so. Total burn time was 1:15 to the nub. Thank you very much to Chaz from Long Island, a fan of the site for generously sending me this to try! Video on the site.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 12:19 AM 01-13-2010
Another fine review Bryan, Thanks!
[Reply]
PLUSH 07:41 AM 01-13-2010
Good one Bryan. I thought my Ruinations' had a band on the foot as well.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:07 AM 01-13-2010
Originally Posted by PLUSH:
Good one Bryan. I thought my Ruinations' had a band on the foot as well.
Originally, the Ruination had the same band as the MoW, plus a footband. A few months ago, they changed the Ruination over to a band with silver highlights and the word Ruination.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kaelaria 05:39 PM 01-13-2010
Thanks guys!
[Reply]
G G 05:57 PM 01-13-2010
Very nice review, enjoyed the video.:-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 05:17 AM 01-14-2010
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
maninblack 04:23 PM 01-17-2010
I've been meaning to try these for some time now. I like a fuller body cigar.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:33 PM 01-17-2010
I can't wait to try these..if they are anywhere close to the Diesel (another AJ Fernandez) then i think I'll love the MOW
[Reply]
acarr 05:02 PM 01-17-2010
Thanks for the review. I need to get my hands on some of these!
[Reply]
Ratters 10:27 PM 01-17-2010
1:15 to the nub, no wonder you were jittery. :-) Great review, I love these sticks.
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:29 PM 01-17-2010
I don't rush it - I puff just enough to keep it burning right - I like it as cold as possible. If anything I get more time than most out of a stick, certainly than anyone I smoke with! lol
[Reply]
Deputy 10:37 AM 01-18-2010
Great review!
[Reply]
sodomanaz 08:43 AM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Originally, the Ruination had the same band as the MoW, plus a footband. A few months ago, they changed the Ruination over to a band with silver highlights and the word Ruination.
Posted via Mobile Device
There was a ton of confusion as two sizes contained the foot band (Rob#1 and Belicoso), while the Robusto #2 did not due to size. CI got bombarded with complaints over the wrong cigar being sent immediately when the #2 went on sale in 5ers.

The Robusto #2 is terrific, and lasts a good 2 hours for me. The Robusto #1 at a little over 90 minutes. I love these smokes. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:43 AM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
There was a ton of confusion as two sizes contained the foot band (Rob#1 and Belicoso), while the Robusto #2 did not due to size. CI got bombarded with complaints over the wrong cigar being sent immediately when the #2 went on sale in 5ers.
Interesting, never tried the #2. I like the newer bands, think they have a cleaner look.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
issues 10:01 AM 01-23-2010
Nice review can't wait to give these a try!

I got the chance to try the Diesel and I really liked it...

As a matter of fact, I have a box on the way. :-)

I am hoping to get one of those Man O' War tin samplers to give them both a try ASAP.
[Reply]
Up