Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Looking for a a good value cigar
Cigarbud 06:05 PM 01-09-2010
Hey everyone, being that this is my first post I thought that I would start by asking everyone if they knew of a good value line cigar. I bought a box of Leoninos by Aurora about 1.5 years ago and they have turned into a real suprisingly good smoke after letting them age a little more. Now I am almost out of them and looking for something for an everyday smoke instead of just breaking into my good stash. Any Ideas?? :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:07 PM 01-09-2010
Try a search, there's a thread called Cheap Smoke Thread with all kinds of suggestions.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:11 PM 01-09-2010
youll get a million and one difft answers here as well as people telling you to use the search function... which is sound advice.... also sound advice... flor de oliva's
[Reply]
captain53 06:44 PM 01-09-2010
what price range do you call value line? If you shop cigar.com, joes ci specials and cigarbid you can find some really quality smokes at value prices, often cheap as no name bundles. also what sort of strength do you like would help folks give you some pointers.:-)
[Reply]
Cigarbud 06:51 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
youll get a million and one difft answers here as well as people telling you to use the search function... which is sound advice.... also sound advice... flor de oliva's
I've been told about these, I haven't had one yet.
My biggest thing is that I don't want to think I'm smoking a backwoods.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:52 PM 01-09-2010
These are made my oliva... i make sure i always have the flor de oliva golds in my humidor.... definatly doesnt appear to be a bundle cigar IMHO
[Reply]
Cigarbud 06:53 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
what price range do you call value line? If you shop cigar.com, joes ci specials and cigarbid you can find some really quality smokes at value prices, often cheap as no name bundles. also what sort of strength do you like would help folks give you some pointers.:-)
I would call value line like around $50-$60, if there's anything cheaper, then I'm all ears, however i've found once you get to a certain point, I start questioning whether they mixed in hay or not.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:58 PM 01-09-2010
what sort of flavor do you like? again if you like a medium flavored cigar go for the flor de oliva golds... if you like something spicy.. check out the fumadores at holts.. a DPG blend
[Reply]
Cigarbud 07:01 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
what sort of flavor do you like? again if you like a medium flavored cigar go for the flor de oliva golds... if you like something spicy.. check out the fumadores at holts.. a DPG blend
Like a medium to full bodied, earth, light spice, leather, maybe a little coffe or bittersweet chocolate on the after
[Reply]
boonedoggle 07:05 PM 01-09-2010
best smoke for the buck, which I've been saying for years, is Perdomo Lot 23. These babies are killer and you can't beat the prices from most retailers.
[Reply]
Cigarbud 07:10 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
best smoke for the buck, which I've been saying for years, is Perdomo Lot 23. These babies are killer and you can't beat the prices from most retailers.
Maduro or Coroho, I've had the Maduro, not a bad medium body smoke
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:13 PM 01-09-2010
GR Specials Red Label

Here's that thread Kreth mentioned. It's a sticky. :-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643
[Reply]
jerseystepup 07:22 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by Cigarbud:
Maduro or Coroho, I've had the Maduro, not a bad medium body smoke
Lot 23 maduros are without a doubt my favorite perdomo and they age very well also
[Reply]
captain53 07:22 PM 01-09-2010
I don't think you can do much better than this on any given day:

The Padilla Signature 1932 Mega-Sampler includes 20 cigars:
5 - Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto (5" x 50)
5 - Padilla Signature 1932 Toro (6" x 50)
5 - Padilla Signature 1932 Torpedo (6.1" x 52)
5 - Padilla Signature 1932 Churchill (7" x 48)

Save nearly $200 on Padilla's 93-rated beauty - then tack on the buck-a-stick Padilla Salomon upgrade offer for even bigger savings.

$64.99 for 25 premium stix:-)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/h...ec_deals_a.asp
[Reply]
Drez 07:25 PM 01-09-2010
lot 23 gets one of my votes. i would also look for oliva O and sol cubano's. all can be had for a low price and are good smokes
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:59 PM 01-09-2010
TS 500 maduro is a great choice here
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:05 PM 01-09-2010
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
TS 500 maduro is a great choice here
Everyone has raved about those. Must be good.

The Padron x000 line will nearly always give you the coffee flavor you like, so that might be an option, but I haven't priced boxes for quite a while.

I'm a fan of the RyJ Havana Reserve robustos. You can get a box of 27 for about $80. Medium body and strength, but pretty well constructed and I have found them to be consistent.
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:29 PM 01-09-2010
El Rey Del Mundo
Benchmade
Tabaco Baez SF
Oliva G
Perdomo Lot 23
Gran Habano Corojo #5

These are all good value lines IMO
[Reply]
Up