Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>601 green churchill
pmwz 10:22 AM 01-09-2010
One of my new years resolutions is to try more nc cigars.
The guys from eo cigars decided to take a page out of habanos playbook and release a german regional release the 601 green churchill. They are limited to 99 special humidors that contain 16 cigars and cost 160€.

prelight:
dark, oily toothy wrapper. unfortunately the wrapper is a little bit shorter than the binder+filler. tis shouldnt happen with a 10 euro cigar.

1/3:
The cigar starts out with bitter+sweet flavors + little pepper through nose.The cigar burns a little uneven but corrects itselfs after a while.
I get more of a smooth bitter choclate flavor + slight peppery finish towards the endof the first third.

2/3:
The pepper gets stronger through nose. Bitter flavor goes away. The flavor is sweet + i can taste some allspice on the finish.

3/3
The flavor turns towards coffee bitterness + the pepper flavor continues to get stronger. Burn was uneven but corrected itself. had to relight it once

I laid the cigar down after 3 hours and had 1/6 to go. I was suprised that the cigar lasted that long. The cigar had a lot of flavor changes and there were a lot of flavors that i couldnt pick out.
I rarely have the time to smoke a 3+ hour cigar. i might pick up a couple of singles but wont buy one of those humidors.
[Reply]
lightning9191 11:39 AM 01-09-2010
Nice review....and that is an interesting ashtray you have there.
[Reply]
roughrider 02:31 PM 01-09-2010
Nice review. I enjoy both the Green and Red label.
[Reply]
Up