Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Denver BOTL
sikk50 12:02 PM 01-05-2010
I'm in Denver today and tomorrow, I'm with one cigar smoker and a nonsmoker so idk if I'll be able to have a cigar but I'd really like to find a shop or two and support the locals. Were staying right next to DU (non smoker is transfering) andvwill be headed downtown today. What would you recomend
[Reply]
Veritas 06:47 PM 01-05-2010
Churchill at the Brown Palace - Very nice lounge. Exceptional selection of spirits (try the Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey). Do NOT buy cigars here unless your budget is very high. Bring them with you and buy some drinks.

Another downtown option is Cigars on Sixth. I don't know much about this shop.

If you want to head a bit south and stay away from the downtown parking nightmare, head south on I-25 to Arapahoe Road where you will find Stanley Pappas Cigars. Stan's is a Diamond Crown Lounge, but does not have any spirits. They are open to you bringing in a bottle, as long as you keep it low keyed. The staff is knowledgeable and will assist you with a selection from their large humidor if necessary. They have signs that say the lounge is for patrons who purchase cigars on-site, so if you go here pick up a stick from them to enjoy. I frequent this lounge and have a locker there.

Keep in mind that Colorado's state tobacco tax is 40% of the wholesale cost of the stick. This makes our B&Ms substantially more expensive than the big online retailers.
[Reply]
sikk50 09:18 PM 01-05-2010
Thank you for the response hit it up tomorrow. I don't mind high tax I'm from socal! :-)
[Reply]
colimo 11:33 PM 01-05-2010
there are two more options, particularly for tomorrow....

the best place downtown is the celtic tavern, good lounge and a bar too...also...a few of us FRHs are meeting at the robusto room/stogies and bogies which is a bit south near Park Meadows...good lounge and bar with spirits as well....

9535 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree, CO 80124 .
(303) 790-7363
www.therobustoroom.com

we will be there at 4:30...

i personally would stay away from stanley pappas, other than churchills, it is one of the most expensive places in denver to buy cigars...it does have a good lounge, but while i always support a B&M where i smoke, to be required to in order to smoke there doesnt sit right
[Reply]
Up