Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Motorola Droid help?
kzm007 09:10 AM 12-29-2009
If any owners out there have these answers, I'd be grateful.

1) What brand microSD card does Verizon use in the Droid? Unimportant, I'm just curious.

2) I used to own a BB Storm, which was nice because it had multi-tap typing; hit 1 once, get A; twice get B; third time C, etc.

This is easier for me to do than using a small qwerty keyboard, due to my disability, since I generally text one-handed, on my stronger side.

Does the Droid offer an app that would allow me to set the keypad up like that, or am I SOL?

I checked the settings, and naturally it tells me nothing. Hope someone here can help, I didn't want to call customer service and possibly be put on hold for hours just to answer such a "trivial question."

Thank you to all owners, and enjoy the phones, they look amazing.
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 11:34 AM 12-29-2009
Both of my Android-based phones (G1 and Behold 2) came with Sandisk cards. Not sure if Motorola uses anything different. All of the cards are probably manufactured in the same plant overseas anyway.

Android itself does not have multi-tap. The only app I have seen in the past is a SureType layout, but I never tried it.
[Reply]
kzm007 02:10 PM 12-29-2009
Eh, it's all the same card wise. I switched to the Storm 2...Verizon's charging me an extra $35 for 'device change' or whatever she called it.

Damn cell phones lol I hate 'em, but they're handy.

Anyway, thanks James.
[Reply]
Eleven 04:16 PM 12-29-2009
How you liking the Storm 2? I still have the regular old Storm. My son has the Droid and loves it, but he did not have to worry about relearning, like you had to do coming from the Storm.
[Reply]
innov8 04:28 PM 12-29-2009
http://www.phonescoop.com/
You should be able to get answers here! Or at least get tech answers!
[Reply]
kzm007 09:24 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by Eleven:
How you liking the Storm 2? I still have the regular old Storm. My son has the Droid and loves it, but he did not have to worry about relearning, like you had to do coming from the Storm.
Originally Posted by innov8:
http://www.phonescoop.com/
You should be able to get answers here! Or at least get tech answers!
I'll like it I'm sure, since it's just the Storm with fixes. They just said they'd mail it.

Let me tell you something though. I wasn't able to try it, or the BB properly in Wal-Mart, so I bought the Droid on blind faith that it would have a keyboard I could use; I can't type QWERTY style, let alone on a small keyboard, one-handed because my right hand is screwy some days.

So I get the Droid, see the slider, and think "OK, at least the on-screen keyboard is here."

Those stupid engineers at Motorola made QWERTY the only keyboard style...I type with my left thumb only, because it's easiest. I need multi-tap.

Anyway, the lady's like, "well yes sir, you do have a 30 worry free guarantee if you don't like your phone," but the paper said there would be a $35 charge because the phone wasn't broken, I was just changing models.

So now I'm pissed. I calmly hang up the house phone, wrap my phone back up, all nice and neat, and put it in the Fedex box...realize, I made this call at 7 am. Coming from a guy with telephone anxiety.

Then I got to thinking.

The way they phrase that contract, they want EVERYTHING returned that you got with the phone, in the packaging.

Last time I had an equipment change, not only did they credit me for the days I went without a phone (I was a newbie and sent mine back before getting one of theirs) but when I got my replacement, technically a refurb I'm sure, the 8gb SD card was gone from the slot.

So what did I do? I went online and looked at the cost of 16gb microSD cards; $35 thereabouts. And, they're so tiny...it's a shame if one came up missing and I didn't see it :-)

You don't mess with a sober Irishman. And phonescoop is a great site, thanks!
[Reply]
Up