Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Christmas Birthdays ?
Montano 11:06 AM 12-28-2009
Does anyone have a birthday on or near Christmas, or kids with birthdays around then ? My oldest son was born on Christmas day, and my youngest son was born on Dec 28th.

My oldest son (17) always says it sucks to be born on Christmas. He feels cheated. My youngest son (turns 8 today), thinks it's awesome to be born so close to Christmas.

What we usually do is have a party for them in January. It's a joint party, but each son has his own friends, his own cake, etc.... The oldest has the video games and music inside the house, and the youngest has the bounce house, games, outside. Always worked out well for all, and was never an issue till my oldest turned 16. Now at 17 he says he doesn't want a party. Is he just going through a stage, being a rebel, or does he have a point ?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:11 PM 12-28-2009
It isn't the same, but my oldest son's Baptism birthday is December 25.
[Reply]
alley00p 12:22 PM 12-28-2009
Hi Nick! I hope that you had great Christmas holidays for your whole family!! :-)

2 of my sons have December Birthdays...

My oldest is 12/26... (Chaos) and he received his birthday present early on 12/18, when he and his significant other had their first son!!

My next oldest has his birthday on 12/30 :-)

We used to have "1/2" birthdays in June for them, when they were younger.

My other 2 sons have their birthdays on July 1st! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Montano 02:59 PM 12-28-2009
Since my oldest will probably only have 1 more birthday at home, I won't worry too much. Just didn't want to have him feeling bad on his birthday.

Thanks for the replies :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Eleven 03:11 PM 12-28-2009
My Mother-In-Law and Brother-In-Law are the 26th.
[Reply]
Prospector 03:17 PM 12-28-2009
My son's birthday is December 24th. He just turned 39 and still hasn't forgiven me:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:04 PM 12-28-2009
My father's B-Day is on the 26th.
[Reply]
RightAJ 10:36 PM 12-28-2009
My B-Day is Jan 3rd, and yea I feel kinda cheated sometimes... people always lump my presents together and say it's for both:-)

Whateva, nothing I can do about it!

aj
[Reply]
Mark C 06:13 AM 12-29-2009
December is a busy month in my family. My son turned 1 on Dec 9 this year, my father is Dec 20, mother is Dec 29, brother in law and grandmother both are Dec 25. Two of my other grandparents (both have passed away) also had Dec birthdays.

Our second baby is coming in July, had to make sure it wasn't another Dec b-day for the sake of my bank account!
[Reply]
chachee52 06:54 AM 12-29-2009
Mine is Dec 20th, my sister's is Christmas day ( I was a great birthday present!!!). I never felt cheated as a kid, neither did she. We always had my birthday with the family the week before Christmas, than on Christmas after all the presents and dishes were done the kitchen what transformed into Birthday zone.
I actually never wanted a "friends" party, had one and never really wanted one again. My sister usually had a bunch of friends over during the Christmas break.
Now I feel I get ripped off. Not everyone gets me birthday presents now, but they still do her!!!
Also we were talking about it the other day. We have to think of two things we want at one time for presents, where in the middle of the summer we can think of a bunch of stuff!!
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:25 AM 12-29-2009
December 20th here. Always getting gyped on presets when i was younger! LoL
[Reply]
nayslayer 07:37 AM 12-29-2009
My birthday is Dec 21st. I always felt ripped as a child and having birthday gifts wrapped in christmas paper. My wife spoils me now and makes up for any wrong in my past..lol
[Reply]
Montano 08:36 AM 12-29-2009
My oldest son feels cheated on Christmas Day, but in January when we have the party, he's happy as can be. So I don't really know how to take that. My youngest son is happy to open any presents at anytime :-)
[Reply]
taltos 10:30 AM 12-29-2009
I am January 3, my sister is December 8, have a niece who is December 24 and my best man and his father were both December 25. We live with it.:-)
[Reply]
RGD. 04:19 PM 12-29-2009
Yeah he has a point:

I was born on December 26th
My brother is December 28th
My Dad is December 30th

In addition:

Parents anniversary is the 10th
Grandmothers birthday is the 12th
Niece who lived with us is the 21st
Cousin on the 18th

So growing up was always Merry Christmas and oh yeah Happy Birthday.

Sucked. Wished I was born in the summer - LOL. Of course as I got older it really didn't matter.

Ron
[Reply]
acruce 10:36 PM 12-29-2009
My 3 year old girl was born December 4th.
[Reply]
Montano 06:35 AM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
Yeah he has a point:

I was born on December 26th
My brother is December 28th
My Dad is December 30th

In addition:

Parents anniversary is the 10th
Grandmothers birthday is the 12th
Niece who lived with us is the 21st
Cousin on the 18th

So growing up was always Merry Christmas and oh yeah Happy Birthday.

Sucked. Wished I was born in the summer - LOL. Of course as I got older it really didn't matter.

Ron
I think as he gets older, it won't matter as much either.... at least that's what I'm hoping :-)
[Reply]
boom 10:08 PM 12-30-2009
My youngest one's birthday is on Xmas!!!!
[Reply]
Montano 07:25 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by boom:
My youngest one's birthday is on Xmas!!!!
How cool is that ! Not only do we both live in Fresno, but we both have kids born on Cristmas Day :-)
[Reply]
Up