Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Easy way to tell your friends about Cigar Asylum..
Neuromancer 11:03 PM 12-26-2009
If anyone is interested in printing cards to hand out to friends, or at herfs, or your local B&M, here's any easy way...I have the template saved in a MS Word .doc, and if you PM me with your email address I'd be happy to respond by email with the template word .doc sent as an attachment...all you have to do then is edit it in MS Word filling in your personal information and then print it on ink jet business card sheets, usually 8 or 10 business cards per sheet, sold by most of the major sellers of specialty ink jet printer items...I made some up, and they came out great...I usually hand one out when I'm at the B&M I hang out at, and when I see someone that has a passion for cigars and wants to learn more...if you don't want any personal data on the card other than your name and board name then just eliminate the email address line and the telephone number line...

[Reply]
acruce 11:19 PM 12-26-2009
very cool
[Reply]
King James 11:34 PM 12-26-2009
don't think it will be a problem, but would just okay any business cards or advertising with mods
[Reply]
Neuromancer 09:08 AM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
don't think it will be a problem, but would just okay any business cards or advertising with mods
Mods? Anyone want to ring in here? Dunno who moderates this specific forum but if any of you guys think this is not a good idea please feel free to delete the thread...I used these at the local B&M for our old home and got us several new members...thought I'd do it here too but if the "11" (or anyone of them for that matter) think this is a no-go please let me know...
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:11 AM 12-27-2009
i wouldn't go handing those out to just anyone....
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 09:13 AM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Agreed! One of the best things this site offers is QUALITY over quantity! :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:14 AM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
Exact-a-mundo!

Some other sites (washed out jungles) are onyl worried about high traffic... they can have that wasteland...
[Reply]
Neuromancer 09:15 AM 12-27-2009
Of course not...
[Reply]
icehog3 12:16 PM 12-27-2009
I don't think it is an issue. I know we had cards offered at one time that were color and had the CA sunset picture on them...but anything that gets quality into the Asylum is a good thing, Marc. :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:51 PM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
That's often hard to tell until you get to know someone.

There are also some people at first I had one impression of, but as I got to know them better here, have become good friends.

Chas
[Reply]
kydsid 11:53 AM 12-28-2009
PS there are several ways you could upload that doc file, for free or via sub, so you wouldn't have to email it all over. Even places like imageshack allow it.

You could also just make a generic one and use the microsoft supplied plugin to convert it to a pdf file that would be easy to print out.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 03:09 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't think it is an issue. I know we had cards offered at one time that were color and had the CA sunset picture on them...but anything that gets quality into the Asylum is a good thing, Marc. :-)
Thanks, Tom...appreciate your responding...

Originally Posted by kydsid:
PS there are several ways you could upload that doc file, for free or via sub, so you wouldn't have to email it all over. Even places like imageshack allow it.

You could also just make a generic one and use the microsoft supplied plugin to convert it to a pdf file that would be easy to print out.
I use VillagePhoto to host stuff but I don't know if I could upload a Word .doc or how to give anyone access to it...if you'll notice from the .jpeg, it is generic...you can fill in your own info...also, on my older computer there is no plug-in for converting to .pdf's and I don't want to buy software to do that at this point...I really don't mind emailing it...it's not really a bother...
[Reply]
Neuromancer 03:38 PM 01-03-2010

Anyone else? These work great at introducing the good guys at the local B&M's (and your friends) to Cigar Asylum....
[Reply]
The EVP 09:27 PM 02-11-2010
PM Sent
[Reply]
Up