Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Urban Meyer stepping down from Florida!
NCRadioMan 05:46 PM 12-26-2009
Maybe a health issue. Maybe has an NFL job lined up. Who knows but this is rather shocking, imo.
[Reply]
Tombstone 05:47 PM 12-26-2009
Very shocking.
[Reply]
ucubed 05:49 PM 12-26-2009
Well he did pass out after this years SEC Championship game for dehydration and chest pains....He does have a non-threatening cyst on his brain which causes his body harm during high levels of stress...It must be all those games this season that did him in... I'm certain that it's mostly a medical reason for his leave. I don't think he will be coaching at all for a few years at least
[Reply]
G G 05:53 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
Very shocking.
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:03 PM 12-26-2009
Heart defect, non life-threatening. Sorry to have him leave. :-)

Maybe he will coach the Bears. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:51 PM 12-26-2009
Didn't see this coming.
[Reply]
Azpostal 08:19 PM 12-26-2009
I thought they said he was staying with Florida? Maybe his health is worse than anyone knows about. Well I wish him luck, he seems like a good guy.
[Reply]
Starchild 08:33 PM 12-26-2009
This caught me off guard tonight. I don't see him coaching anywhere for a while. I wish him and his family the best.

The next question is who will replace him? This should get interesting.
[Reply]
ucubed 08:47 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by Azpostal:
I thought they said he was staying with Florida? Maybe his health is worse than anyone knows about. Well I wish him luck, he seems like a good guy.
He is staying in Gainesville for a while to help with the athletic programs and what not.... and I hope not addazio...
[Reply]
icehog3 12:46 PM 12-27-2009
Not so fast! :-)

Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
Florida coach Urban Meyer, who announced Saturday night that he would step down after coaching the Gators against Cincinnati in the Allstate Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day, is now having second thoughts about retirement, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Sunday.

[Reply]
Up