Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Utah's Susan Powell
Blueface 09:46 AM 12-17-2009
How many think the husband did it?

Doesn't talk to police.
Hires a high power criminal defense attorney when you have yet to even be accused.
Couple that with the high statistics that this type of crime is usually committed by a spouse along with his crazy story of how he lost track of the day of the week and went camping with two young ones, in freezing weather, in the middle of the night?

Guilty, as yet to be charged.
[Reply]
safariguy 10:00 AM 12-17-2009
I don't know if he is guilty or not. But I do know that anytime a woman is murdured/missing, the husband will be the assumed suspect. Sometimes the police don't bother to look at other evidene and spend lots of time trying to disprove his alibi. Not saying this guy is innocent, or guilty. I don't know the facts in this case. But any husband in his situation should get a lawer because the police will be looking at him (because often times it IS the husband who did it.)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:31 AM 12-17-2009
I only know what little bit I heard on the news, but I find it hard to believe any father in his right mind would take his two little kids "camping" in freezing weather in the middle of the night, if that is indeed what he told the police.

Color me suspicious.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:45 AM 12-17-2009
Are you working or watching the news Carlos? :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:52 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Are you working or watching the news Carlos? :-)
:-)
Both.

It is just amazing how some folks can seem to lie with a straight face.
I give a whole lot of credit to her father.
He is quite a nice guy. Refuses to still consider the son in law a suspect and wants to extend the benefit of the doubt.
I doubt many would take that posture given how the husband has acted and what he has said.
[Reply]
Up