Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Opus X Love Story
e-man67 11:19 AM 12-16-2009
My local B&M just got some of these in so I decided to smoke my lunch today. These were supposed to be a limited release type deal and it just so happens they got a box of their own. The vitola has the same shape as a Hemmingway short story or a BTL...I fired it up and got an unusual sweetness that I have not had in an Opus...like a black cherry taste..I got hints of spice but not over bearing like I usually get with fresh Opus. It didn't change up a whole bunch but I gotta tell you I really didn't care. That deep sweet cherry flavor I really enjoyed. Burn time was approx 45 min. :-)
[Reply]
OpusOgre 11:32 AM 12-16-2009
I'm looking forward to smoking one of these when my B&M gets them in. Thanks for the mini review.

What's the MSRP on these?
[Reply]
sikk50 11:42 AM 12-16-2009
My local B&M doesn't get Opus, with the exception of the brown and black boxes last year. For that I am envious of you
[Reply]
acarr 12:54 PM 12-16-2009
I have found that black cherry taste on new Opus that just arrived. Anything that has aged a while, that taste has disappeared.
[Reply]
jdakine 01:10 PM 12-16-2009
I have 5 of these babies on the way via USPS and hope they arrive by Saturday:-) Even though I would normally let sit for a few, this will not be the case upon arrival.
[Reply]
Azpostal 01:26 PM 12-16-2009
Man I have to find some of these.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:34 PM 12-18-2009
I had one tonight . Found them at another shop I stop by once in a while . Price was $15 . A bit steep for that small cigar . It was good just not $15 good .
[Reply]
x man 07:46 PM 01-09-2010
I jumped all over these, i also have tried the new Opus Magnum O, medium smoke.
and the Opus Puss Cat, strong smoke. I also have 2 new Opus Sharks but i am saving
them for i dont know when yet. The Love Affairs, not LOve Story are msrp at 10.75,
Puss Cat is 8.75. Magnum O is 12.75. Sharks are 14.50.
Ive been smokin OPus since 1995. Just Luv em.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:42 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by x man:
I jumped all over these, i also have tried the new Opus Magnum O, medium smoke.
and the Opus Puss Cat, strong smoke. I also have 2 new Opus Sharks but i am saving
them for i dont know when yet. The Love Affairs, not LOve Story are msrp at 10.75,
Puss Cat is 8.75. Magnum O is 12.75. Sharks are 14.50.
Ive been smokin OPus since 1995. Just Luv em.
2 new opus sharks ehh? :-)
[Reply]
blugill 09:27 AM 01-10-2010
I'm envious of anyone who actually has a B&M to go to and hang out at.
I'd love to be able to go to a place, purchase a cigar, get a cup of coffee or some beverage and smoke for a hour or so.
[Reply]
x man 11:20 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
My local B&M just got some of these in so I decided to smoke my lunch today. These were supposed to be a limited release type deal and it just so happens they got a box of their own. The vitola has the same shape as a Hemmingway short story or a BTL...I fired it up and got an unusual sweetness that I have not had in an Opus...like a black cherry taste..I got hints of spice but not over bearing like I usually get with fresh Opus. It didn't change up a whole bunch but I gotta tell you I really didn't care. That deep sweet cherry flavor I really enjoyed. Burn time was approx 45 min. :-)
The Love Affair is the size of the Best Seller and BTL, which are the same size as each other. Hope i can save a few for next year.
[Reply]
x man 03:14 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by blugill:
I'm envious of anyone who actually has a B&M to go to and hang out at.
I'd love to be able to go to a place, purchase a cigar, get a cup of coffee or some beverage and smoke for a hour or so.
Open your own shop where you live. Ive seen guys do it.
[Reply]
NeverEnoughStick 07:35 AM 01-22-2010
Originally Posted by x man:
Open your own shop where you live. Ive seen guys do it.
Thats what my boss did here in Harrisonburg. He got tired of having to drive to either Winchester or Charolettesville So far it has worked out great.

Now back to the smoke. I hope to put fire to this soon. I got one over christmas and I was saving if for when I graduate college. Only 4 more months! :-)

-NES
[Reply]
Up