Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya De Nicaragua Celebracion Torpedo
Montano 04:54 PM 12-15-2009
A beautiful cigar that says it's a Puro on the band. Nice sharp point on this torpedo. A couple veins are noticeable, but it still looks good.

This cigar is packed very nicely. I clip a small end off the cap, so not to get any runs started. The draw is a bit tight, so I'll see if it gets any better.

This starts off with a mild creamy flavor. The draw remains tight, and not much smoke coming through. I decided to take a chance and clip off a bit more. That does the trick and the draw is now easy with lots of smoke.

The burn is fairly even. The ruff spots easily fixed themselves and no relights were needed. The second third brings about a soft vanilla flavor mixed in with the creamy smoke. I'm getting more flavor now that I have a good draw.

Winding down brings a change to a nice almond flavor. It's gets a bit stronger as it nears the end. I found this to be a mild to medium smoke with nice subtle flavors. Very relaxing cigar for a nitecap.

[Reply]
Mr B 05:07 PM 12-15-2009
Thanks for the review and nice pics Nick. I enjoyed the one I had also. However because of the milder nature of this stick I found myself drawing much harder than usual. The cigar was able to handle it though. It did not get hot or sour. Good flavors, just a little on the "to mild: side for me.
Maybe a good morning w/ coffee smoke.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:55 PM 12-15-2009
You are just the review who** aren't you. JK Nick.

Thanks for sharing, nice review.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:15 PM 12-15-2009
Great review! I can see you have a knack for these! I have a JdN Celebracion robusto in my humi that's waiting to be smoked... Could be the time to light her up!
[Reply]
G G 07:18 PM 12-15-2009
Thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:23 PM 12-15-2009
:-) Nick, thanks for the review and pic's!
[Reply]
Ratters 08:47 PM 12-15-2009
I found these to be too mild for my liking, which is odd because they are supposed to have the same filler as the Antano I believe. But nice review and pics. :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:27 PM 01-06-2010
Ahhh yes, the Antano!!! the strongest cigar I have ever smoked!!! POWERHOUSE
Gotta try the celebracion tho....
[Reply]
Tredegar 01:09 PM 01-07-2010
These are great smokes and they get to be an excellent smoke after a year or two in the humidor.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 04:55 PM 01-07-2010
What is that green stuff in the background of each photo?

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up