Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte toro
borndead1 12:45 PM 12-14-2009
Very nice looking cigar. Uses a Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper, which apparently is gaining popularity quickly. I snagged a few singles off Cbid to try. This is the second one I've smoked. I liked the first one but wanted to wait until the 2nd to do a review. I learned my lesson from my experience with the Pinar Del Rio Oscuro. :-)

Well rolled and very heavy in the hand but a perfect draw.

This is a VERY tasty cigar. Lots of subtle flavor changes throughout the smoke. Starts off with a blast of spice/cocoa like a typical maduro, but starts to drift back and forth between an unsweetened cocoa/coffee flavor and a floral flavor. This sounds strange, but the floral mixed with the cocoa makes for an interesting and very unique flavor.

The wrapper on these is super dark, but not even a hint of a brown stain on my fingers (for those who care).

About halfway, the floral/cocoa combo is still there but the finish has become longer and has a tangy flavor. The smoke is "strong" through the nose but not harsh at all. The flavor lingers on the palate between draws. Burn is almost perfect.

A little past halfway, the floral is declining. The cocoa is still there, but the floral has been replaced by a sweet spice flavor, like some sort of baking spice. I am digging this cigar. :-)

In the last 1/3...wow, this is cool. This cigar is tasting like stout! I don't really like stout, but to taste it in a cigar is pretty neat. I've smoked cigars that had a wine or liquor sort of flavor, but never a cigar that tastes like beer! It would be interesting to smoke one of these with a pint of stout.

Final thoughts: EXCELLENT cigar. I can see myself smoking quite a few of these. BUT -- are they really "fuerte"???? Hmmmm....a full-flavored cigar for sure. But IMO not "fuerte" enough to warrant a second band that actually SAYS "Fuerte". :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 12:53 PM 12-14-2009
A stout finish hmmm... my need to find some of these.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:35 PM 12-14-2009
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
A stout finish hmmm... my need to find some of these.
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:44 PM 12-14-2009
As always, great review, Mark.:-) Haven't tried the oscuro.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:35 PM 12-14-2009
Nice review. I'll probably pick up some of these after the holidays. I really like the AJ Fernandez stuff so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:59 PM 12-14-2009
I've been wanting to try these and this review makes me want them more. Now all the guys here will jack the c bid price for awhile. Grrr LOL
[Reply]
G G 05:51 PM 12-14-2009
Great review, thanks.
[Reply]
jamesk 09:12 AM 01-09-2010
Just got this email pretty good deal:
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_event.asp
[Reply]
tenbaseg 10:20 AM 01-09-2010
That PA Broadleaf has me quite interested. It's really thick and packs a ton of flavor.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:35 AM 01-09-2010
I scored a 5er on cbid that are resting right now. The wrappers look nice, dark and oily.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
borndead1 10:05 AM 01-11-2010
I smoked the last of a 5 pack of belicosos this morning.

Not as good as the toros. Maybe they lost something in the blend with a 56 RG.
[Reply]
Up