Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking in the Snow
BlackDog 09:27 AM 12-06-2009
I smoke sometimes in the garage in the winter. Not "warm" per se, but better than no cigar at all.
[Reply]
dccraft 04:31 PM 12-06-2009
I just moved out to the garage as well. I set up a chair, reading light, radio, and a propane heater. It warms it up enough to tolerate about an hour. I usually change to shorter and less RG smokes when it gets cold.
[Reply]
joeobx 06:46 PM 12-06-2009
My wife and I don't smoke in the house so when it starts getting to cold for the deck we move to the garage. Last year we found one of those parabolic heaters at costco or BJs and leave it on at night. It doesn't seem to be to bad on the elec. bill and makes you feel warm when your sitting in front of it. This year I told her I want a small tv to mount on the wall so it'll be a little nicer to sit out there for a cigar. I guess I 'm lucky in one way that my commute is 1 to 2 hr. so I get to smoke a stick in the morning and afternoon.:-)
[Reply]
AD720 07:16 PM 12-06-2009
I'm already missing the garage. :-)

But I'm thinking of getting one of those Propane heaters for the deck. Between that and my good old Columbia jacket and fingerless gloves it might be doable. :-)
[Reply]
dccraft 07:36 PM 12-06-2009
Just ran out of propane in my 20lb tank. Fill 'er up tomorrow and I'll be good to go.
[Reply]
havanajohn 07:37 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
I smoked a lot last winter. Just beware of wrappers cracking.
Right on! I was on the porch yesterday during the storm. No wind, about 28 degress out, quiet and peaceful. Yes my wrapper did crack, but the cigar (Tatuaje Noellas Reserva) kept a nice burn line , and the crack did not get worse, and I smoked right thru it. My only problem was my smoking hand was cold, and so was my nose...:-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 07:40 PM 12-06-2009
There is nothing wrong with SNOW(Smoking Now Outdoors Willfully):-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 07:51 PM 12-06-2009
Snow! We had our first snow this afternoon and this is what I am doing tonight!

[IMG]Image[/IMG]

That is how to smoke a cigar in the snow:-)
[Reply]
havanajohn 07:53 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
Snow! We had our first snow this afternoon and this is what I am doing tonight!

[IMG]Image[/IMG]

That is how to smoke a cigar in the snow:-)
Nice!!!
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:53 AM 12-07-2009
Throw on the Carhart, make a fresh pot of black coffee, plug in the portable DVD player with a box set (Sopranos, Deadwood, The Godfather...Any of these will do). Head out to the garage, and my Saturday mornings are all booked up this winter. Add a comfortable garage couch and it's just about as good as it gets. :-) ((except of course if it was 75 and sunny lol)
[Reply]
kayaker 08:16 AM 12-07-2009
Had my first snow smoke of the year this morning. A Don Lino Africa Duma. Had 2 so I gave one to a buddy and we gave 'em a try. Wasn't impressed at all. I rarely have to chuck a gar but neither of us liked it so we gave up after an inch.

I feel cheated so I'm going to spark up something else while shoveling the driveway.
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:47 AM 12-07-2009
We do okay in the garage...

This does a fine job.
[Reply]
JohnRogers 04:35 PM 12-08-2009
Yeah we have temps in the 20's or lower lately in Sooner land during the evening hours. I can smoke in the garage but the temperatures keep us from getting friends together to enjoy a stick. Should warm up again in ten days.

Perhaps the pub in Enid is a solution.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up