Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Handheld GPS Opinions/Advice?
smokin5 10:51 AM 12-05-2009
I'm looking to buy a handheld GPS unit for a good friend who does quite a bit of hunting & boating.
The Garmin GPSMAP 76CSx seems to be the most highly-regarded unit for a decent price ($290 shipped from Amazon), but I thought I'd check our "Braintrust" here before committing to it.
So what say you? Anyone have any experience with this model or similar? Good/bad points? Any other handheld GPS units you want to recommend?
Feel free to share your opinions & advice. Thanks!
[Reply]
Sailchaser 10:55 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
I'm looking to buy a handheld GPS unit for a good friend who does quite a bit of hunting & boating.
The Garmin GPSMAP 76CSx seems to be the most highly-regarded unit for a decent price ($290 shipped from Amazon), but I thought I'd check our "Braintrust" here before committing to it.
So what say you? Anyone have any experience with this model or similar? Good/bad points? Any other handheld GPS units you want to recommend?
Feel free to share your opinions & advice. Thanks!
For a hand held I have carried this and the other versions for years in my travel bag were ever I go and Have never had an issue. My previous unit was the 76s ,none color version and still have it after 10 years it stays on the boa as a back up, Can't beat garmin for support or map selection. I also use a nuvi 255 for the vechiles with out any problems:-)
[Reply]
Up