Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Excuse the rant...
MajorCaptSilly 08:47 PM 12-04-2009
I like cake better than rep.

MCS
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:30 PM 12-04-2009
As a nerd I've been on forums and discussion groups all over the place about all kinds of weirdness for almost 30 years.

It ALWAYS happens. Always. It's human nature in aggregate. You're going to get outliers.

Frankly since I started smoking (August this year was my first smoke ever; an R&J Numero Dos paired with a Chateau Lafitte Rothschild. No wonder I'm hooked.) I've found the cigar smoking community to consistently be far and above the most polite, interesting, helpful group of people I have ever encountered.

Ever. Anywhere.

And this place has been pretty high on the list within that category.

No. It doesn't excuse ill-tempered comment. But the net score is so damn high here. Let it roll off ya if you can. Tough when it's personal though, no doubt.

o/
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:42 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
RG does mean diddly squat. I have low RG, Peter has high RG. Both of our farts stink.
wait, what? we have rep/RG??? where is this? honestly, i had no idea...
[Reply]
croatan 08:59 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Today I check my User CP and see that another inmate decided after the fact that now it was his job to police the threads and he neg repped me for the post, which was not illegal and skirted the rules quite well.
Ok, from the point of view of another admin, why would you even want to make a post that skirts the rules? We don't have a ton of rules here. The ones we do have are not arbitrary, but are well thought out and are here to protect both the members and the admins. And, as OLS pointed out in the other thread (in his own particular style :-) ), if you start a thread that barely skirts the rules, the chance that you're going to induce someone else to break the rules approaches 100%.

It disappoints me to think that people spend their time thinking of ways to get around the few rules we've established, drawing on some 60 or so collective years of moderating cigar boards. Believe me, they exist for a good reason.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:05 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
That got you some bumpage! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:47 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
RG does mean diddly squat. I have low RG, Peter has high RG. Both of our farts stink.
Originally Posted by bobarian:
That got you some bumpage! :-)
:-)

(stinky-fart pile on bump!)
[Reply]
ChasDen 09:11 PM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:

No. It doesn't excuse ill-tempered comment. But the net score is so damn high here. Let it roll off ya if you can. Tough when it's personal though, no doubt.
:-) Let it go bro, did not see the other thread, but the fact is there are hundreds more good reasons for being here for each isolated case of "bad". As a whole tensions are high, people are struggling, interest rates are up, savings are down and the kids are screaming for a silly 8 dollar stuffed animal that is going for $40 bucks on EBay.

Why let it get you all uptight??

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I like cake better than rep.

MCS

When I saw the thread title I knew it was going to end up being about cake :-)

Chas
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:18 PM 12-05-2009
Me neither ChasDen. I was just guessing. I'm 100% with you. CA rocks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up