Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>AF Anejo Shark 2009
Humidor Minister 04:21 PM 12-04-2009
Hello everyone, hope the holidays are going well for you. Yesterday was a good day. One of my friends showed up and said he had picked up a couple of the just released Anejo Sharks. I asked if he would sell me one but he said no. He would only smoke one with me. Needless to say I was obligated to partake in the activity.
The rapper was very smooth and rolled ever so perfectly. I really like the shape as well, the round torp to square foot I think adds to a great draw. Upon cutting the cap and taking a draw, it had a smooth sweet flavor with a hint of cocoa. I almost could have just drawn on it without lighting it and been satisfied. (Not gonna happen) I lit it and right off the bat, it had a very warm, rich smoke to it. Almost a chewy grey smoke. Once I was into it about 1/2 inch, it became even more rich and smooth. I would say a very pleasant coffee/nutty flavor. Again, the smoke itself was extremely full to perfection. It maintained this great richness for the next 2/3rd of the cigar. Towards the end, I got a very slight pepper at the back of my tongue but it was never unpleasant. The ash was a beautiful grey and very dense. It didn't fall until about 1-1/2 inch into it. It never unraveled and burned very even. I did get a very slight run at one time but it corrected itself. All in all it was a fantastic cigar. The flavor of it was very much that of a cigar with plenty of age. (Hence the name Anejo which means age I would think) To score this cigar |I would definitely put it in my top 10 list. I would give it a solid 96+. They only make these once a year. I would have gone back and bought the whole box but the B&M has a limit of 2 per customer. IMNSHO if you have a chance to enjoy one of these wonderful cigars, don't pass it up
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:24 PM 12-04-2009
Nice review!! :-)
[Reply]
Catfish 04:28 PM 12-04-2009
Aren't Anejos NC's?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:29 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
Aren't Anejos NC's?
Yes. They are Fuente's. I like the Anejo's but not the Shark.
[Reply]
jdakine 04:40 PM 12-04-2009
That was a very nice review:-) This is one of my top 10 list cigars to smoke and have been very pleased with current purchases. You should try the 46, it a very nice smole as well.:-)
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 04:49 PM 12-04-2009
Sorry about that. I thought I posted in the NC section. Guess I'll have to smoke a CC and do the opposite.:-)
[Reply]
roughrider 05:11 PM 12-04-2009
Good job on the review. I'm sure a Mod will move it to the right section.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:17 PM 12-04-2009
Great review. Just picked up a couple myself. I can now smoke last years. Cant wait hope it goes as well as yours.
[Reply]
darkninja67 09:53 AM 12-05-2009
Nice review. definitely a top 10 stick for me.
[Reply]
secretsquirrel 10:01 AM 12-05-2009
Great smoke. Ya a buddy of mine got the first four out of the box at the local b&M. Now i just have to decide how long I want to let them hang in the humi
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 11:39 AM 12-05-2009
Thanks for the move. I hope they are consistent. I picked up a few more to lay down for a while.
[Reply]
shilala 11:39 AM 12-05-2009
I love me some Anejo's. The 46's, 50's and 49's more than the fatties, but I love them all.Easily in my top five favorites. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 03:21 PM 12-05-2009
The shark is my favorite Anejo!! Thanks for sharing your smoking experience!! :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:18 PM 12-05-2009
Nice review . I too had one the other day . I got the cocoa from the pre-light draw also . After I lit it up the flavor was all rich dark cocoa from start to finish . Burn was a bit crazy but probably due to the store having the humidity cranked up . This is my favorite of the line . :-)
[Reply]
rlmedic 07:06 AM 12-06-2009
Great review. I had never had a shark and was able to pick up two on thanksgiving and had after the turkey...amazing stick
[Reply]
gohstsmoke215 01:03 PM 12-06-2009
I just picked up a couple of Sharks, it will be my first Anejo. I'm excited to give them a try.

Also, has anyone had a Between the Lines? I just pick two up and was wondering what they are like?
[Reply]
gnukfu 12:59 PM 12-07-2009
Thanks for the review!!! The Anejo is one of my favorite smokes and my favorite Fuente cigar.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:57 PM 09-13-2011
Just had another one tonight and the cocoa was much more subtle , cedar was amped up . I paired it with a Crimbergen dubel ale and a Weinenstephaner Dark heffeweiss beer . These are great cigars and they only get better with age .
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 11:03 PM 09-15-2011
Lovely Review Bill, that Cigar looks amazing in the pictures.
[Reply]
Up