Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Automotive link that is helpful.
replicant_argent 01:13 PM 12-02-2009
I had to order some parts today for one of my cars and stumbled upon this. Not that the guide itself is the most useful part, but it also lists the tools you may want to grab before you start the job.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/homePage.jsp
You sign up as a member with your email, and it gives you a link to a vehicle repair guide. I am doing brakes on my wifes Volvo, (parts bought elsewhere, but shopping to make sure I got the best price) and noticed that while they didn't have the parts in stock I needed, the repair guide lists the tools needed, and torque specs and such. Quick and easy reference and diagrams, and it might save you a trip to the store for a socket you don't have or something (or lost it in your garage, like me... :-))

Now, can anyone tell me where the hell I put my star lug wrench?
[Reply]
kenstogie 01:29 PM 12-02-2009
Thanks Pete. I am a wrench turner as it's easier for me to do it than leave my car somewhere to have them "maybe" fix it. I do have the Nissan Service Manual but sometimes a simpler approach is better.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:56 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I had to order some parts today for one of my cars and stumbled upon this. Not that the guide itself is the most useful part, but it also lists the tools you may want to grab before you start the job.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/homePage.jsp
You sign up as a member with your email, and it gives you a link to a vehicle repair guide. I am doing brakes on my wifes Volvo, (parts bought elsewhere, but shopping to make sure I got the best price) and noticed that while they didn't have the parts in stock I needed, the repair guide lists the tools needed, and torque specs and such. Quick and easy reference and diagrams, and it might save you a trip to the store for a socket you don't have or something (or lost it in your garage, like me... :-))

Now, can anyone tell me where the hell I put my star lug wrench?
Pete,
The part in bold scared the crap out of me. Beth trusts you? :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:26 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Pete,
The part in bold scared the crap out of me. Beth trusts you? :-)
I had to assure her I would have an Engineer standing by in case I ran into a part where it was more difficult than "insert Tab A into slot B." You have to put brake fluid on the rotors and pads, right?
I have extra Blinker Fluid, will that work instead?
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 11:51 AM 12-05-2009
Check her muffler belt Pete...that too can cause many a great issues later on if not properly maintained....
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:58 PM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
Check her muffler belt Pete...that too can cause many a great issues later on if not properly maintained....
I bought the chrome plated replacement muffler belt, the sales dude assured me it would add 21.2 extra horsepower, and make me sound like a "Badass"

Come to think of it, maybe he said it would "sound bad, Ass."
[Reply]
Up