Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Perdomo 2 Limited Edition...Any opinions?
eboniknight 02:11 PM 12-01-2009
Since I enjoy almost anything Perdomo, I jumped on this daily special last week at Cigar.com. and they arrived yesterday. Just wanted to get a feel if anyone has tried these and what they thought. :-)

Here is a partial description from Cigar.com:

Perdomo2 is a limited edition (re-released), box-pressed cigar available in two beautiful wrappers: an oily sun-grown maduro and a sleek, seamless Habano leaf. The blend consists of all Nicaraguan tobaccos that were blended to create a perfect balance throughout the entire length of the cigar. Medium to full-bodied, Perdomo2 offers notes of cocoa mixed with coffee-like nuances, which are then masked by an underlying spicy sweetness that coats the palate for an incredible finish. Due to its box-pressed shape, this cigar burns slowly, offering rich flavors and a smooth, unique complexity only experienced when enjoying a Perdomo blend.
[Reply]
Montano 03:37 PM 12-01-2009
I'm anxious to hear your opinion after smoking one. I too am loving all things Perdomo.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:40 PM 12-01-2009
Probably one of the most consistent of his line.
I have been smoking the Perdomo 2, red label (the yellow label is the maduro) for about 10 years or so now, along with my dad.
Good burning cigar with good flavor. Great buy for the money.
[Reply]
LkyLindy 06:31 PM 12-01-2009
The original perdomo 2's had a canoeing problem and the burn was troublesome

This new limited edition batch isn't too bad
[Reply]
longknocker 07:04 PM 12-01-2009
Had One Last Week! Great Smoke In Every Area!:-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 07:05 PM 12-01-2009
Is this the cigar which the band looks exactly like the psd4's?
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:47 PM 12-01-2009
I have had one of each, and found them enjoyable. Really good burn on the first yellow band torpedo I had. I was at a tailgate, and the ash held on for about 2 inches -- not bad for an "unstable" environment.
[Reply]
Dunkel 09:48 PM 12-01-2009
The Maduro one is a tasty smoke. I had one a few years back.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:02 PM 12-01-2009
Back at the shop I would pick the red band every time over any other perdomo cigar.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 05:47 AM 12-02-2009
I'm about half way through a box of the red band torpedos and I havn't hit a bad stick yet. Very consistant and well built. I would call them a straight medium bodied smoke. Not a "celebration/special occation" stick by any means however, they are a top notch stick in their own right. The box of 40 is a display box that both the top and front open to show all the sticks at once. Kind of cool to show people but takes up about two boxes worth of space in the humi.

:-)
[Reply]
eboniknight 09:01 AM 12-02-2009
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I made a good pick up....$13.95 for a five pack (so I picked up two). I'll let these rest for a little bit before I try one.
[Reply]
Up