Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo Limited Reserve Connecticut
Chris. 04:27 PM 11-27-2009
I have recently gotten a slew of Taboo cigars to smoke and review. Here is the first of the bunch. Smoked just a few hours ago.

Taboo LR Conny- Robusto

It has a light wrapper with few small veins and a well applied double cap.

Great draw. Perfect resistance. Earthy sweetness, smooth. Small crack in wrapper near foot. I tasted peanuts about 1/4" in. This only lasted a few puffs then the earthiness took over again.

Crack is gone after burning almost an inch. It never got worse.

Ash is very white. Good volume of smoke. Decent aroma. Nuts have gone. I'd say leather at 1" in. Hasn't gotten hot. Even with just 10-15 seconds between puffs. Actually during the entire smoke, it never got hot on me.

Started getting a jagged burn in places at 1.25", so I ashed it.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...LRConny013.jpg
Still very earthy.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...LRConny014.jpg

At final third I purged and hit it with the lighter and got a good 10 second flame. This tells me they need to rest for a couple months. I bet the sweetness I got in the beginning would stay throughout at that point.

Overall this was a good cigar, worth giving another shot in a couple months. I smoked it about an inch past this point and determined it was too cold outside, so I went back in. lol
[Reply]
G G 04:51 PM 11-27-2009
Thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
Catfish 05:57 PM 11-27-2009
Thx for the review. Even tho I'm a maduro guy, I was gifted a Conn. toro. Had it one Sunday morning and was very pleased with it. When the Taboos are on, they are great.
[Reply]
pgagnon 06:02 PM 11-27-2009
great review! funny i had the same blend today in a different size.

again i wasnt disappointed by Taboo
[Reply]
Bax 07:27 PM 11-27-2009
Taboo makes some great sticks, no doubt! :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 07:37 PM 11-27-2009
LR Conn is my favorite Taboo by far. Checked the humi today and I'm all out..might be time to check the site out again.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 08:47 PM 11-27-2009
Chris-dot, These are one of my favorite cigars that are made by taboo...when I get the chance I'm gonna get a box of the robusto size size of these.

Very nice review and spot on about the nutty-ness.
Later Buddy
K

[Reply]
roughrider 10:02 PM 11-27-2009
Haven't tried this one yet. I did enjoy the SFO.
[Reply]
Chris. 07:29 AM 11-28-2009
Thanks everyone! I enjoyed smoking this one as well. I forgot to mention that the jagged burn Just before the first ashing, corrected itself within a few puffs. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:36 AM 11-28-2009
Nice review.....great smoke, I enjoy these....and Rob, Patrick et al are good peeps!
[Reply]
Up