Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Using Pectin to Repair Wrappers...
CigarNut 08:58 AM 11-20-2009
So I have some pectin which I have used a couple of times with a long paint brush, which is a PIA if I am having to repair a wrapper anywhere outside my home.

Someone at a recent herf had a little bottle with a small brush -- like a finger-nail-polish bottle/brush. He said a friend got it at a pharmacy. I have searched through the local pharmacies and have not found anything close.

So how do you guys store and apply your pectin?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:03 AM 11-20-2009
I was actually going to ask where I could find some some... but in the interest of not thread jacking, I'll send a PM.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:31 AM 11-20-2009
I bought one from this thread. Perhaps there's another bottle or two...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10446&highlight=repair

[Reply]
bobarian 10:46 AM 11-20-2009
You might check the Dollar store or check at the cosmetics counter. Girls use them to make custom nail polish colors. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:55 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
So I have some pectin which I have used a couple of times with a long paint brush, which is a PIA if I am having to repair a wrapper anywhere outside my home.

Someone at a recent herf had a little bottle with a small brush -- like a finger-nail-polish bottle/brush. He said a friend got it at a pharmacy. I have searched through the local pharmacies and have not found anything close.

So how do you guys store and apply your pectin?
I bought a couple of the nail polish bottles at a beauty supply shop for about $3 per bottle, came with a cap and a small brush in the cap.
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:15 PM 11-20-2009
Field aka Critch made up a good amount of these...
He found the bottles online if I'm not mistaken.I have a dozen of these left,if anyone needs one shoot me a PM.

Disclaimer:menu is for display purposes only.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:25 PM 11-20-2009
Dave, how's the mortadella at A.G.'s? I never heard of them...
[Reply]
weak_link 05:25 PM 11-20-2009
All their sandwiches are 9 lbs? Those must be some big ass subs.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 03:52 PM 11-21-2009
There is a product called "Cigar Glue" that I've seen on cigar shop counters from time to time .
[Reply]
Namerifrats 04:45 PM 11-21-2009
I'm guessing this stuff isn't toxic in anyway if you smoke the area it's applied to...
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:56 AM 12-03-2009
Originally Posted by Namerifrats:
I'm guessing this stuff isn't toxic in anyway if you smoke the area it's applied to...
It's food grade so no it's not toxic.
[Reply]
md4958 06:34 AM 12-03-2009
I purchased the same stuff from Field, and its come in quite handy and saved many a cigar!
[Reply]
Totemic 10:16 AM 12-03-2009
Originally Posted by Namerifrats:
Considering my wife uses pectin for canning jam/jellies, it better not be toxic. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:10 AM 12-07-2009
You probably know about this, but I found this repair fluid:

Here:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/smokacgifpac.html
[Reply]
Up