Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Pay Pal wrong account
kenstogie 01:24 PM 11-13-2009
So I purchased something from Walmart.com and paid with ******.

Unfortuately I forgot to switch the payment option and ****** is trying to pull funds from an old local bank account (I switched to USAA, A+++ bank BTW) that I just use for cashing checks.

--Is there a way to fix this, ie change the funding source in pay pal? (i don't see this option)

--It wouldn't break my heart if it didn't go through so if I left it as is... Would there be any harm? (ie excess fees etc)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:27 PM 11-13-2009
In your information in PP, you can change the account you want funds taken out of.
You can even set alternate accounts should that one not suffice.
I would go in there and change it.
If you can't find it, call them. They will walk you through.
[Reply]
acarr 01:29 PM 11-13-2009
I did this yesterday by accident also and could not find anyway to change the funding option.
[Reply]
Dux 01:30 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
So I purchased something from Walmart.com and paid with ******.

Unfortuately I forgot to switch the payment option and ****** is trying to pull funds from an old local bank account (I switched to USAA, A+++ bank BTW) that I just use for cashing checks.

--Is there a way to fix this, ie change the funding source in pay pal? (i don't see this option)

--It wouldn't break my heart if it didn't go through so if I left it as is... Would there be any harm? (ie excess fees etc)
USAA is top notch :-)
I normally call PP when I run into issues, Wait time sucks but they can make the changes you need.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:36 PM 11-13-2009
I think PP automatically uses another source as backup payment if the 1st is not available. The bank will likely just decline the charge.
[Reply]
RGD. 01:37 PM 11-13-2009
It's easy to do - once you find the link. For some reason they don't make it apparent on the first page. Wish I could remember exactly where it is for you.

:-) on USAA by the way. Been with them since 1978 for banking, car, home insurance and a previous business insurance.

Ron
[Reply]
Kreth 01:49 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
I think PP automatically uses another source as backup payment if the 1st is not available. The bank will likely just decline the charge.
Depending on the bank, though, they may try to hit you with an "insufficient funds" fee.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChasDen 08:52 PM 11-13-2009
When I log into my PP account, there is a menu bar at the top.
Under the My account tab, there is an option, Profile and a drop down list where you can change add bank account.

Chas
[Reply]
Up