Model: Africa
Origin: Nicaraguan
Strength: Med-Full
Size: 7.5x50
Smoke Time: 1.5 hours
Drink: Diet Coke

Originally Posted by :
Rich flavor bombs from Nicaragua.

These tasty Nicaraguan indulgences are exotic blends of premium tobaccos from Africa, Honduras, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. The tobaccos are optimally fermented and aged to issue layers of exquisite flavor that complement the richness of the Nicaraguan-grown Habana-seed wrapper wonderfully. A bold, top-shelf handmade delivering a balanced, well-rounded explosion of smooth, hearty flavor.
^^^ Thats what Don Lino says....

The cigar was noted as being full bodied and though it was close I would consider it to be med-full.

Notes:

The construction of this cigar is top notch. No major veins, very silky wrapper. Very consistent and soft… but not too soft. With a snip of the cap I noticed a very good medium draw. I like a bit of a loose draw but and this one was a little tight for my liking but exhibited no impediment what-so-ever.

The prelit aroma was delicious. Then again, I’m a sucker for Nicaraguan cigars. They smell like dark chocolate before you light them.

The cigar had a very smooth taste, bold flavor, but not a “spiking flavor” that rises and diminishes. Very thick and rich Smoke made this cigar very enjoyable.

I had always heard that this cigar is a little-known favorite and it shocks me that more people do not rave about it. It had very earthy tones with hints of raisin and rich coffee grind flavor.

All-in-all this smoke was great. It was more uni-dimensional than anything else but that is a good thing because it has a constant and consistent range of flavors that are on-point during the whole experience. I really like these. I will buy more!

bobby
[Reply]
tuxpuff 09:21 AM 11-13-2009
Great review Bobby...Thanks! I'm also a huge fan of Nicaraguan smokes. Is the wrapper the only Nicaraguan component?
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:27 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Great review Bobby...Thanks! I'm also a huge fan of Nicaraguan smokes. Is the wrapper the only Nicaraguan component?
Taken from the web...

Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Habana-seed Nicaraguan Natural
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Africa, Mexico, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:44 AM 11-13-2009
There are some of these available at auction now.
[Reply]
roughrider 01:14 PM 11-13-2009
I smoked the Salomon size and it was pretty good. Definitely worth a shot.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 04:13 PM 11-13-2009
Nice review! I love the Africas they are very tasty.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:57 PM 11-13-2009
Just smoked one of these tonight...expected more from this stick. Have another sitting in the humi, will re-visit in a few months.
[Reply]
Ratters 11:35 PM 11-13-2009
Yeah, had someone on another forum that shares my tastes rave about these. I bought some on that reccommendation and really did not like them. I have a couple left, maybe I'll give them another shot.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 05:44 PM 11-14-2009
Nice review and pic's Bobby!

It's always been one of my favorites!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:47 AM 11-15-2009
I bought 2 boxes at CI when they had the 2 fer 1 deal. I love em. Smoked 2 of them at the herf yesterday, and I rarely smoke 2 of the same cigars a day.
[Reply]
Up