Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Facebook hacked...Virus alert.
icehog3 10:04 PM 11-10-2009
Friends,

It appears someone has hacked my Facebook account and sent out a link regarding a "job opportunity" to all my friends. I fear this might be a virus, please do not open any links from anything that claims to be from me. I haven't sent out a Facebook message for weeks. I have changed my password in hopes that this ends here.

Tom
[Reply]
T.G 10:46 PM 11-10-2009
Not knowing any specific details of this incident beyond what you mentioned, but having seen and dealt with a number of my users suffering from them recently I would advise you also change the password of any associated email accounts, and any other accounts that you might have that use the same password as the compromised account. Also, check all of your email accounts to see if the "reply to" setting has been changed to another account (ie: theirs) and that if forwarding and/or POP3/IMAP has been enabled when you did not specifically enable it.
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:54 PM 11-10-2009
This happened to a couple of my friends lately. I get spam ridden messages with fake links - then they start posting to friends walls. Good thing you noticed early.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:01 PM 11-10-2009
Thank you for the tips Adam. :-)
[Reply]
Up