Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Mexican Cannonball Run
Texan in Mexico 08:02 AM 11-08-2009
Good morning All!

I had mentioned I was going to participate in this to a couple of friends and thought I would do a brief running commentary along the way and maybe some photos.

There were many, many delays of weeks for this event but we were finally able to get started this morning.

There are several teams and we left the Embassy Suites in Laredo, Texas in 1 hour intervals. We left at 615 am.

Kind of a rainy morning and as I stood in the Temporary Car Importation office on the Mexican side I looked across the Rio Grande and saw that spectacular Stars & Stripes which brought mixed feelings.

An incredible sense of pride to be an American and a moment of reflection as it is flying at halfmast...

We are on the Interstate 85 to Monterrey and will try and take some nice shots along the way!

Take care and a very nice Sunday morning to all!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:07 AM 11-08-2009
Good morning to you too. I hope you have fun and are safe for the whole trip. Keep us posted.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:18 AM 11-08-2009
As I am sure you know. Watch out for the Federales.
Be safe and have fun.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:34 AM 11-08-2009
Gasoline, Huevos Rancheros and a cold toilet seat in the outskirts of Monterrey!
[Reply]
kydsid 12:43 PM 11-10-2009
Ahh should have pm'ed me. Could have put a herf together while you were in town. Next time.

Good luck with the race.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:38 AM 11-15-2009
WOnder if his race got ended early?
[Reply]
Up