Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>BrickHouse Dyed Wrappers?
Rkyro 04:55 PM 11-07-2009
BrickHouse By J.C Newman

Something very interesting happened today. I was at a local B&M today and a friend of mine who works their shows me a Brickhouse Churchill that he removed from a box and stashed away. Before he said anything about it i easy noticed that strange dark smudges on the wrapper. It was without a doubt Dye. It Even more confirmed it with touching the spots with a wet finger. He ended up with a stained finger.

Has anyone experienced this? I haven't heard a thing about these wrappers being dyed. Could this be a isolated mistake?. I would love to find out more cause I'm shocked
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:59 PM 11-07-2009
I wouldn't think so. You can touch many cigars with a wet finger and will come away with a brownish stain. Wipe any cigar with a white wet cloth and you will see. The wrappers on the Brick House are not even that dark. Maybe an isolated incident?
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:11 PM 11-07-2009
It wouldn't surprise me, every major manufacturer has been accused at this point... I get that "some" color may come off a cigar but I have looked like a smoked a sharpie before and I know it was dye...
[Reply]
sikk50 11:46 PM 11-07-2009
I had one this evening, it was very good, and I looked at it pretty closely because I hadn't had one before, I didn't notice anything that would give me the feeling it was dyed
[Reply]
JCNewmanCigarCo 12:54 PM 11-11-2009
Rykro,

We at the J.C. Newman Cigar Company pride ourselves on the quality of our cigars. We do not now nor have we ever dyed our cigar wrappers. We do apologize for the issue with the cigar you received and would be very interested in investigating the situation to make sure this is an isolated incident. Please send us the problem cigar(s) so that we can investigate the issue and in turn we will replace them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

J.C. Newman Cigar Company Family

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:40 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by JCNewmanCigarCo:
Rykro,

We at the J.C. Newman Cigar Company pride ourselves on the quality of our cigars. We do not now nor have we ever dyed our cigar wrappers. We do apologize for the issue with the cigar you received and would be very interested in investigating the situation to make sure this is an isolated incident. Please send us the problem cigar(s) so that we can investigate the issue and in turn we will replace them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

Joined the Board and gave a great response!!!:-)

BTW - I really enjoy BrickHouse cigars!!!
:-)

And "no". That is not dye on my nose!!!:-)
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 01:47 PM 11-11-2009
I am always a fan of anyone that stands behind thier product. Thumbs up to you! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:53 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:59 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-):-)
[Reply]
Footbag 02:20 PM 11-11-2009
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

And now I have a good reason to try a Brickhouse!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:36 PM 11-11-2009
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

Are you sure that isn't dye on your nose? Kiss ass. Darrell, they are not Arganese, so you wouldn't like them.
[Reply]
Norcal_aaron 06:08 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:

And now I have a good reason to try a Brickhouse!
I wish I can find them at my local B&M, they said they have had them on order since the show in August?? Seems weird to me everyone elese has them on hand, time to hunt a few down!!!
[Reply]
tobii3 09:43 PM 11-12-2009
Lt Skills and I smoked the Brick House tonight.

JC Newman did it again. Two thumbs up!!! Nubbed 'em all the way down to less than 1/2''!!
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:02 AM 11-13-2009
This is without a doubt,my favorite JCN cigar to date.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:01 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by JCNewmanCigarCo:
Rykro,

Thank you,

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601
Wow,,,with Customer Service like this I will now try the cigar. Anytime a company tells me that this is how they do business I want to get in line. Nice to see you as a member on here.
[Reply]
Up