Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Checkin in'
Whipper Snapper 04:27 PM 11-05-2009
Hey folks, just wanted to check in and say hi to ya'll and give you an update on life. This past summer I did an internship at a church and was busy as all get out. It was a neat, and rewarding experience. Following that, I finally moved out of my parents house and I'm living with a butt load of guys in the heart of the city. I'm going to UMKC university and majoring in creative writing. I've been taking a full load, and I've been working odd jobs to come up with rent.

I haven't been smoking any gars lately (too expensive) but I do pipe from time to time. The last cigar I smoked was the newest AVO LE (whatever one they came out with for 09) and it was a tasty smoke. I hope to get back into the hobby for real when I actually get the cash, (but I do imagine it'll still be on a small scale. My current lady friend isn't extremely fond of smoking but we both compromise when it comes to that.)

Speaking of lady friend, I've been dating my gal for over 13 months now.
Here we are together. She's most certainly the better looking of the two of us. I'm a very blessed guy.

I'm doing pretty well, and can't wait to get back into this great hobby to some degree.

I'm growing up too which is fairly bizarre. I was 17 when I started talking with most of you old geezers, and now I'm 22. Man how time flies...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:10 PM 11-05-2009
Always great to see you, Blake. :-)

Congrats on the pretty young lady in your life, and on pursuing the degree. Come on over and check on us geezers wheneve you get a moment.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:15 PM 11-05-2009
Glad to hear you're doing well!! :-)
[Reply]
RJK18 05:17 PM 11-05-2009
Good stuff :-) Looks like a classy lady!
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 08:10 PM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Always great to see you, Blake. :-)

Congrats on the pretty young lady in your life, and on pursuing the degree. Come on over and check on us geezers wheneve you get a moment.
I do plan and would like to stop by more often. I may even get around to buying a smoke or two soon and writing a review. But if I did such a thing, the cigar legends that have passed on before us may roll over in their graves.

I couldn't risk that...
[Reply]
pnoon 10:46 PM 11-05-2009
Glad you pop in here every now and then, Blake. Thanks for sharing what you've been up to.

It's gonna cost you dearly, though, for us not to share some of your finer moments in Photoshop. :-)
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 11:28 PM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Glad you pop in here every now and then, Blake. Thanks for sharing what you've been up to.

It's gonna cost you dearly, though, for us not to share some of your finer moments in Photoshop. :-)
Hopefully there will be many more of those in the near future.
How are you Peter? Good hearing from you man.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:31 PM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by Tecnorobo:
Hopefully there will be many more of those in the near future.
How are you Peter? Good hearing from you man.
I'm doing fine, Blake. It seems you are, too.

Some of those pics are classic.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:38 PM 11-05-2009
Hey brother, thanx for the update :-)

Glad you stopped by. Hopefully you'll be doing more of that :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:58 AM 11-06-2009
Eh? What did you say?

By cracky.... :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:05 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Glad to hear you're doing well!! :-)
:-) Classy looking gal you got there too :-)
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 11:34 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Hey brother, thanx for the update :-)

Glad you stopped by. Hopefully you'll be doing more of that :-)
I do seriously plan on it. I'm living with the guy who originally got me into cigar smoking and he even used to post on the old forums. We plan on getting back into the hobby. All the more reason for me to come in here and bother you guys.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:06 PM 11-06-2009
Blessings, Blake. Welcome back.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:26 PM 11-06-2009
Welcome back, Blake!
[Reply]
galaga 04:21 PM 11-06-2009
BLAKE! What a smile, you devil!:-)
[Reply]
Up